Trumps administration pandemic response

I never claimed otherwise. Just that it’s an inevitability it’s going to happen impact our country. To what degree is to be determined. We aren’t escaping this.

What can the courts do?

It’s been “impacting our country” since the news first broke. Glad you’re catching up.

That’s where you would sue over price gouging.

Survival of the wealthiest?

Oooooookaaaaaaay then.

Not what I meant at all, but I’m guessing that point was missed entirely by you in your rush to snark.

No Rush at all. I’ve been giving this a lot of thoughtful consideration since the news first broke and have been keeping up with the progress of the outbreak since.

Why should the government be involved at all? Supply and demand should allow the market to set the price, right?

Ahh, so this is when you return to pretending to be an “actual conservative republican”.

A conservative wants minimal interference in the markets but doesn’t include ignoring abuse in times of emergency putting lives at risk.

And that has what to do with the reality that the US is going to see substantial impact as a result of this virus? Orders of magnitude more than the 50-60 cases we currently have identified?

So, based on your thoughtful consideration, realistically what range of confirmed cases do you have cover to see in the next 12-ish months before a vaccination is viable?

Scroll up and read down. I have addressed this extensively in numerous posts.

:Stalin intensifies:

1 Like

The bolded is gibberish can you try it in English?

We’ve waited too long to put quarantines and travel bans in place to prevent a wide spread outbreak in all likelihood and we’ll pay the price for failing to act quicker but those of us urging quick action when it first broke to prevent a widespread outbreak in the US were poo pooed and laughed in the original thread about same.

1 Like

Snark aside I’m asking questions. I’m not sure what my position is here right now. Because I tend to agree with your last point. But my immediate reaction is that the government should stay the hell out of it. So I’m gauging other people’s perspective. Wild concept I’m sure.

I don’t see a number. 10,000? 200,000? 5,000,000?

Don’t throw out snark and then complain when you get it back in return.

But then we wouldn’t have Trump showing us a new map with lots of Sharpie lines on it.

1 Like

Instead of “have cover” replace that with “expect” to see. Sorry for the confusion.

Okay :+1:

It’s unknowable at this point since we have no idea how may people are infected in the general public.

The average person though who is contagious will likely expose 5-10 more people if they are not quickly quarantined.