Trumps administration pandemic response

I could see a year…At the earliest. If they get something done by years end I would say we would be lucky and should be grateful that they did. I’d hate to go through another year with this. I do not however see it being any sooner than years end. 3-4 months I do not think is possible.

Good gravy man. Strawman much?

Potential pandemic. According to Dr. Fauci it is indeed a likely pandemic.

I could give two ■■■■■ about western tradition. The head of the Coronavirus task force, the Vice President of the United States no less, should be LEADING BY EXAMPLE and teaching kids to not shake hands right now during this period of time. How to use proper hygiene and how to protect themselves from possible infection. One of their damn classmates has the damn virus. Holy ■■■■ man.

:flushed:

2 Likes

That was the point of asking the question of the experts. He “learned the answer” in about ten seconds.

That has proven to be one of the more laughable claims made around these parts.

1 Like

Yes, better care as opposed to China where people were just locked in their homes and the doors welded shut.

Our mortality rate is high because of the fact people in a nursing home are already in poor health, aged, and have existing complicating conditions.

I have higher expectations than you.

There is no strawman, there isn’t even a serious outbreak in Florida and certainly neither an epidemic or pandemic.

All this chicken little sky is falling histrionic BS is getting old fast.

1 Like

The 2% rate across the world is already within the context of it only seriously effecting elderly and those in poor health.

Then you don’t understand the subject matter.

People over 75 and in poor health already are at extreme risk of death from any pneumonia.

1 Like

As is the 2% that have died worldwide.

How many outbreaks specifically in nursing homes have there been around the world? What were the fatality rates?

The current rate isn’t 2%, Last published numbers I saw was that it was up to 2.9%

Rose, neither am I, but I certainly would want to speak from a position of solid information. It appears that every time Trump tries to qwell panic, he speaks in falsehoods, or near falsehoods.

He needs to be told what to say. It’s like he’s Joey Tribioni (TV show Friends) playing the role of president, badly. He’s trying to be large and in charge, trying to make the good statement, but just isn’t that good at it.

Not being critical either, I feel badly right now that he doesn’t have any better of a handle on it. And if he wants to sound smart, say to Fauci: Antony, what are your estimates for getting a vaccine in place, best case scenario. It would show the President leading discussion, and deferring to the expert at the right time.

I somehow always get the feeling that Trump thinks he’s the expert at everything, and that hurts us. He wants to be the leader that solves this…unfortunately leaders of countries don’t solve epidemics, they don’t send men to the moon, and they don’t win wars. The people under them do based on the leadership he provides.

He needs to lead. Tell the pharmaceutical and medical community. I want this done by January 2021. Put the best and brightest on it. Let’s get it done. Then move out of the way…

2 Likes

I have no doubt our current 10% rate is skewed, but there is also nothing to show it will be significantly better here than elsewhere.

So the Governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis, a huge Trump supporter declared a state of emergency in Florida for what? ■■■■■ and giggles?

And what in the hell does that have to do with the VP choosing to NOT LEAD BY EXAMPLE by shaking the hands of 50 kids, as opposed to teaching them NOT to shake hands right now to help protect them from potential infection?

It was incompetence, through and through. There is no way to Trumpsplain this Rose.

1 Like

Of course it’s skewed and I have higher expectations than you.

Very rarely do we see viral outbreaks hitting the US as hard or harder than most of the world or without seeing lower fatality rates.

Agree, no one outside of a nursing home where people already are in poor health have died.

As I said earlier…99.875% of the people in Hubei Province did not and have not gotten COVID 19. And that’s not America folks. Let’s try to, as several have said keep our perspectives about this. Outside of this Province, the numbers are drastically smaller, exponentially smaller.

1 Like

A couple of responses following the Senate briefing by the administration on the Coronavirus.

That anti-Trumper Marco Rubio weighs in…

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1234956024462880768

Same from Senator Braun…

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1234956026069340160

1 Like

Looks like we should have been following the leadership and direction of our neighbors to the north, instead of the Trump-led incompetence we are seeing on display currently.

https://twitter.com/melaniepeppin/status/1234958180918190081

There’s nothing anti trump in his posts.

It would have certainly been nice to have more test kits available early on but we didn’t have the capacity to produce them in large numbers because it was a brand new emerging virus.

Canada has a population of only 30 million people. We have a population of 330m.

It’s a matter of scale.

2 Likes