Trumps administration pandemic response

Yeah, what it does is it limited interaction with family members that have came into contact with it. Kids can’t play with their cousins, or with other kids out of fear of those kids giving it to parents and grand parents.

It’s more of hassle until they can come up with vaccine.

Those darned libs.

Because we lead healthier lives, lifestyles, we have stronger immune systems, and Hubei Province is one of the most polluted places on earth.

When you have untraceable cases popping up across the country with a disease that has a long and infectious incubation period…

You just can’t “stop it”.

That’s right- it’s the long incubation period that makes this virus dangerous. . Even if people are screened at airports, they might still be infected and not get sick until days later.

It’s not locked in China anymore, I doubt it ever really was. I think the best we can hope for is that the mortality rate goes down as it becomes more widespread, and the region it originated is indeed full of one of the poorest health peoples in the world. Two weeks gestation while being transmissible is a long time for people to associate and spread the virus. That’s why there are cases of unknown origin popping up. Wendy’s chili.

1 Like

The Italian mortality rate is keeping pace unfortunately. A bit over 1000 cases, 29 dead.

That’s based on known cases. I’m not saying it’s an incorrect stat, but some will get this and think it’s a cold, eat some chicken soup, and rock on.

It’s possible, but the rate seems to be holding up elsewhere as well. Think S.Korea was the only odd one out.

What was their rate?

About 1% last I checked, but their numbers were skyrocketing so it might even out.

Take Hubei Province out of it, and we have about 18,000 cases world wide.

You are right your not going to contain it…but something went on there, that we don’t know yet. Something caused it to be completely out of control there. As I said…i believe it to be pollution. But I don’t know for sure.

And there’s the religious aspect in S.Korea which is complicating matters.

Health officials in Iran were telling the BBC there are over 200 dead. That’d put the cases in Iran at 20,000 or so+.

Seems to me, they would be extremely accurate in their assessment and reporting. I’m not sure if test kit availability is a factor in this as well. Point is, I’m thinking (hoping) that there are a lot of unreported cases going around skewing the mortality rate. In fact, there’d have to be considering the cases of unknown origin.

I’ll go with that. In which case the mortality rates will decline. But everyone still gets it.

Really good, sober assessment of the situation.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/522394479429689344?s=20

Just to remind everyone of his true colors.

7 Likes

Lets just hope the virus doesn’t mutate further.

Vibes to the patient and your niece and your family - that’s a hard situation.