Trumps administration pandemic response

We don’t panic, but it’s not as simple as you might think. And it seems to be extremely disruptive. :wink:

We don’t, but they certainly are.

No, but we should all be prepared to help reduce community spreading to protect the most vulnerable among us.

Which means doing nothing more than you normally do to help prevent spreading the cold and flu.

The exact same precautions apply to all three.

1 Like

Which we are not very good at, hopefully we do better :+1:

I don’t know what he thinks. I do know what he said And he said ‘coronavirus’ is a hoax.

“Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. We did one of the great jobs, you say ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.”

Trump continued: “One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia. That didnt work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost, it’s all turning. Think of it, and this is their new hoax.’”

He never said the virus is a hoax, you swallowed a lie hook, line, and sinker and just repeat it like a parrot.

No he didn’t, it’s a lie. His exact words are quoted in full above.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree - I don’t think dealing with the reality of this thing is ‘panicking’.

The reality is that unless you’re over 65 and immuno compromised/in bad health you have very little to fear from it.

that’s a different quote. And depending on when he said it, I think he number of cases is wrong.

No, that isn’t a different quote. It’s exactly what he said that everyone is freaking out over.

Right - but because it spreads easily, even if it doesn’t kill you, it might kill your 65o neighbor.

The current mortality rate is WAY HIGHER than the normal flu.

We’re all well aware of that but unless you’re over 65 and in poor health you have very little to fear from it.

Just follow basic hygiene for preventing the spread of colds and flu and your elderly neighbor has little to fear from you as well.

Until someone in your family comes into direct contact with it. :wink:

Even then if you simply follow basic established protocols your chances of contracting it are very slim and again, 90% of those who do won’t get particularly ill with it.

Just basic hygiene and infectious disease prevention protocols will keep it from becoming a serious problem in the US IF, and yes it’s a big IF we follow them.

I’m sorry but this case you have no ■■■■■■■ idea what you’re talking about. It’s much more then just taking precautions, It’s about not able to squeeze your kids and grand kids. Or your kids can’t go to school so you have to stay home pent up in your house day and night while they drive you ■■■■■■■ crazy. Meanwhile you can’t go to work unless you want to give “other” the same burden that you refuse to take for yourself.

So instead you’re left leaving fresh fruit basket on the porch.

My eyes was open today…and I found it to be very humbling.

What you may think is option that option doesn’t exist unless you’re will to gamble on your parent or grand parents life.

1 Like

No, that’s exactly the kind of panicked reaction that isn’t appropriate here.

This disease doesn’t spread any easier than a cold or the flu and the only people at serious risk are those who already have compromised immune systems.

Unless you are over 65 and already in poor health even if you contract it your odds of getting seriously ill are very slim.

Really sucks we have a president who wants to use this crisis for political gain. Shame he would call anything a hoax

Everyone has people in their life that are in that position.

Have some compassion.

Compassion for what exactly? We’re not talking about anyone who is ill.