Trumps administration pandemic response

Odds are both. The Lab in Wuhan is their own facility for researching such pathogens and I suspect they were working with it and it escaped followed by a massive attempted cover up that allowed the outbreak to get to a point it simply couldn’t be contained.

I am CPR and first aid certified. I have to be for my job. My job is nothing but emergencies…mostly not the life threatening kind…but more of the quick fix this for me kind. I am really good in an emergency and I agree people have to be trained.

And that worked so well, didn’t it?

Uh oh.

2 Likes

Priceless. Please continue.

I believe if we could go back and look at those posts on the old forum…you would see my response being the same for SARS as for MERS as for EBOLA as for CORONAVIRUS.

It all goes to what I have said since SARS. We are extremely healthy where it comes to fighting these things or even not getting sick. We are stronger than some of these societies where these things always tend to hit. That is due to the overall greatness of our health care system. I have argued for years, that our health care system will not get overwhelmed by this, because I would be surprised if we had as much as 1000 cases Nationwide. I’d be somewhat panicked if that number reached 5000. IF we had more than 100 deaths I would be deeply disturbed. Just my thoughts on the matter. Nothing but my own professional opinion.

1 Like

That is why Trump gagged him and told him not to talk to anyone unless he talks to Trump first.

The structure is almost identical to SARS and MERS as both are coronaviruses. This is a novel or new form of the age old coronavirus. So they are almost identical.

1 Like

And then distribute to everyone over 60 first.

1 Like

which is standard policy.
old people are more at risk it why they get the flu shot every year first.

I agree with whomever stated that, at some point, everyone will be exposed. May take a few years, which will give us time to develop a vaccine for the elderly and immune deficient. The transmission of this virus is too easy especially considering it can transmit asymptomatic. But I think it will be a routine thing like taking pneumonia vaccinations when you’re 60.

My friend got SARS it was brutal.
but I got to see the Rolling Stones so it wasn’t so bad.

1 Like

I had the Coronavirus, me and a girl with Lyme disease got together and had a party.

2 Likes

Lyme disease also sucks.
Its only getting more common with the warm winters.

Undiagnosed can really be a life of torment. Or so I’ve heard.

For a vaccine? That’s very hard to believe.

Read the link.

We got damn lucky if that’s accurate, but i’ll believe it when I see it.

Proof of concept preclinical trials on a different virus does not necessarily a working vaccine make.

It’s closer than anything else we got.

Not if it doesn’t work. I’ll be delighted if it does but vaccines usually take quite a while even under ideal conditions.

Just announced we’ve got our first case in N.Ireland now. Don’t think this is going to be slowing down for a while yet.

Mostly it’s due to chlorinated water and basic sanitation we learn as kids.