Trumps administration pandemic response

You must have missed the completely bonkers flaming hair of right wing pundits about ebola.

1 Like

Partisan BS. He’s never been a great public speaker which I suspect is why after his intro he turned the briefing over to the experts.

Unless you’re over sixty and immuno compromised you have very little to fear from this virus.

COVID-19 Fatality Rate by AGE:

• Death Rat e = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%). This probability differs depending on the age group. The percentage shown below does NOT represent in any way the share of deaths by age group . Rather, it represents, for a person in a given age group, the risk of dying if infected with COVID-19.
AGE DEATH RATE*
80+ years old 14.8%
70-79 years old 8.0%
60-69 years old 3.6%
50-59 years old 1.3%
40-49 years old 0.4%
30-39 years old 0.2%
20-29 years old 0.2%
10-19 years old 0.2%
0-9 years old no fatalities
  • Death Rat e = (number of deaths / number of cases) = probability of dying if infected by the virus (%).

In general, relatively few cases are seen among children.

Both. Putting Kudlow on the TF doesn’t mean the first priority is economics, it’s just part of the equation.

The most important thing to do right now is to be vigilant at the borders to keep more infectees from even getting into the US without passing through quarantine/treatment centers.

An economic panic would only serve to make everything worse.

I don’t recall some of you showing the same measured calmness for SARS and EBOLA

2 Likes

Of course you don’t.

How many doctors are on the team? So far I count one. So that’s one doctor, one financial analyst, on former drug company exec and Mike Pense.

1 Like

The heads of the NIH, CDC, HHC, and DHS are all part of the team.
We don’t need doctors directing the bureaucracy, we need them doing their jobs and advising the exec’s on the best ways to respond as conditions change.

2 Likes

You think Mike is going to try to pray away the virus like he did with Aids?

I think he’ll do his job the best he can directing and allocating resources and I hope he does take time for prayer.

1 Like

Israel says 90 days.

What I’m seeing is human trials in 60-90 days, initial runs by June, and hopefully a vaccine in broad distribution by fall.

This is very similar structurally to SARS and MERS for which we already have vaccines so the prior work is seriously reducing lead time.

That’s not what Dr. Fauchi is seeing, though. He says 12-18 months. What’s your area of expertise in public health, epidemiology and disease control?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/02/27/us-workers-without-protective-gear-assisted-coronavirus-evacuees-hhs-whistleblower-says/
U.S. workers without protective gear assisted coronavirus evacuees, HHS whistleblower says. Another whistleblower. I want the name.

I’ve already provided the links and pasted the stories.

Where are you seeing 60-90 days for human trials?

Johnson&Johnson is hoping for under 7 months, but I haven’t seen and mention of three months.

Well, maybe if your profile wasn’t hidden we could find them easier instead of searching the thread for your posts.

Or maybe you could look for yourself.

Including the initial time needed for animal testing and human safety testing, “We were able to go from no vaccine to a vaccine tested in the clinic in about 18 months — 15 to 18 months,” he says. They also made a vaccine against the coronavirus that causes Middle East respiratory syndrome, after an outbreak in South Korea. “And we were able to design and develop and move into the clinic in 11 months.”

Weiner says he’s hoping to halve that time with the vaccine they are making against the new coronavirus.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/coronavirus-vaccine-could-begin-human-trials-in-three-months/ar-BBZedxk

1 Like

Israel says they’ll have a vaccine in 90 days, approved.

1 Like

They’ll still have to get through human trials in the US but they can get it expedited and should be ready for distribution by fall.

Gotta love capitalism and competition. It is the profit motive driving all these companies to be the first one approved.

I guarantee that it is both.