Trumps administration pandemic response

Hahahaha! Hahahaha! Hahahaha!

Anyone who accepts this level of stupid from the top of the government…

Well here we are.

HE TALKS LIKE US!

:roll_eyes:

:joy_cat:

4 Likes

Their goal is to push for small government by deliberately sabotaging the government.

1 Like

elizabeth warren just introduced a bill to transfer all the money from trump border wall to be used to fight coronavirus

Come on guys it’s only twenty times more lethal than the flu. That’s like one out of fifty people dying. No biggie.

So much for the Wall helping, eh?

It appears responses to this thread have reached the PANDEMIC threshold.

Level unlocked.

Trump was way out ahead with travel restrictions and quarantines.

:thermometer:

3 Likes

I am very much looking forward to you denying that people are infected.

Trump: Treat this like you treat the flu.
Doctor: No.

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1232824240635863040?s=21

1 Like

Meh…grandstanding imo

1 Like

Making sure we get the administration’s approved spin on reality.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaurenCaruba/status/1233086596427264001

I read that and loled. Who would build a wall or any other structure without pouring the footings first? Never in 20 plus years of construction have I seen that done. If you guys believe this no help for ya.

2 Likes

the 1-2 percent death rate is going off confirmed ill. Nobody actually knows how many sick there are in China. Jumping to conclusions this early regarding actual fatality rates is premature imo. but whatevs. I am not an epidemiologist.

Isn’t this the behavior that the Chinese Government got in trouble for?

1 Like

Let’s not forget that trump Fired the pandemic response team in 2018. He also cut funding to the CDC which resulted in canceled efforts to help 39 foreign countries prevent health epidemics. China was one of those countries.

California is monitoring 8400 people for coronavirus

It’s also just an average. Fatality rate for healthy adults is going to be much lower, and much higher for the elderly and/or sick.

This is fine.

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1233095277571117058

Before we all go into a panic about this…Here is a very interesting read…that details some very interesting facts about Coronavirus.

For instance, One Province has the highest rate that accounts for most of the worlds incidence of Coronavirus. Hubei Province has over 65,000 cases alone. The total number of cases right now is 82,758. This means that Hubei Province accounts for 79% of the worlds outbreak numbers. This means that outside of Hubei and in the rest of the world there are only 17,758 cases of Coronavirus infecting anyone.

There are 58 million people in Hubei Province. So then subtract that out from the worlds 2019 population of 7.7 billion people and you are left with 7.642 billion people out of which only 17,758 are sick outside of the Hubei Province.

So what is it about Hubei Province? Why so many there are sick…and not the rest of the world. That is largely a simple question. What is in Hubei…the epicenter of the entire outbreak. Wuhan…11 million people live in this city.

Take out the epicenter…and what do you have. 17,758 people who are ill across the world. When you break down the numbers you realize one thing. The way this story is being presented makes one believe that the numbers are much more dire than they are. 17758 is such a small percentage of the world population it would not even calculate into a percentage without given me a decimal number with the E.

Outside of Hubei where the cases are 111 per 100,000 people, everyplace else in China have cases of fewer than 3 per 100,000 people.

Sure this thing is spreading. But it is not spreading as quickly as many people report or believe that it is spreading. It seems like China has locked down Hubei Province and the spread is stabilized now.

This map shows the number of cases by country, state or province and even city. Once you get outside of Hubei and the surrounding provinces, the numbers drop from the 1000s to the hundreds or less.

So relax, these numbers take some of the sting out of what gets reported to us on a nightly basis…and are probably more than you’ll get out of anyone in the federal government right now.

:heart: And I AM going to like my own post. LOL

6 Likes

It’s more the long term risk to the elderly that’s the issue. Gonna be a couple years before a vaccine arrives, and it looks like it’s gone past the point where it can be completely contained.

So just damage control for now.

Still not something to panic over by any means, but the various world Govt’s responses should be a good indicator that this thing isn’t just the flu or a cold.

A big reason the panic over ebola was so absurd was that it was regionally contained and hard to spread. This notsomuch.

And the longer that lockdown across China continues, the worse the economic damage will be to boot. There were already fears of a global economic slowdown.

If you take out Italy, Iran, Korea, and Japan AND China. Most places in the world that have it have it in the single to double digits.