Trumps administration pandemic response

Why was he peppering the head of DHS with questions that are out of his wheelhouse?

Those would have been appropriate for the head of the NIH or CDC.

Tehe…sure buddy…sure

I think Kenedy’s point was, DHS should know the facts regarding this risk to americans.

But your initial question was, where did DHS say the flu mortalit rate was around 2% . And I answered you.

Has this virus passed the 3% mortality rate yet.
3% is the big scary number.

I didn’t see the line in that article and the video still won’t play. If he said it he was wrong and should correct it.

Expecting the head of DHS to be able to give you answers that should be coming from the NIH and CDC accurately isn’t reasonable.

Managing disease outbreaks, predicting their spread, severity, etc is for the medical experts.

2.9% as of Tuesday’s numbers.

Then he should not have given an answer. But kennedy’s point was, why don’t you know these basic stats since this is an emerging crisis…

If you google ‘kennedy questions DHS’ you will get other copies of this video that might work.

And kennedy was wrong for peppering him with questions on a subject that is out of his area of expertise. That’s why we have a CDC and NIH.

Trump is actually afraid of this virus. He is afraid that it will negatively impact him and his re-election effort. He could give two ■■■■■ about the public. But he cares IMMENSELY about his re-election and ego stroke.

If he actually thought the things he was saying, that this would be a likely nothingburger, and the chances of inevitable spread was small, then he would proudly be the face and front man of these efforts. Like he has been for virtually every single other “crisis” his administration has faced.

But not here. Here he delegates to VP Pence. He intentionally creates a barrier between himself and the outcome. Be it success OR failure. The first time in his entire tenure of office that he has done something like this. Trump is easy to read. He is predictable. His instincts for politics are pretty well unmatched. He has a host of problems and issues. But his instinct for what keeps him above water, even if it destroys those around him, is unparalleled.

Trump knows something we don’t know. Or he suspects something we don’t. His instincts have told him that now, of all times, he needs to separate himself from the outcome of the Coronavirus. If he believed it would be a huge win, we ALL know he would be running point proudly and loudly, like he typically does.

So, what does this mean for us?

4 Likes

Apparently its too early for medical professionals to say how bad this may be or when we can expect a vaccine. The only thing we know for sure for now is its not too early to blame Trump and increase the panic.

1 Like

He was there to brief Congress on the Virus.
Why did they send him if he couldn’t answer questions.

So Trump’s brilliant leadership masterstroke for protecting the US is to appoint the Vice President to do that work, whose duty is ironically to take the lead when the President is incapable of doing his job.

He was there to brief Congress because they requested he appear. Such detailed questions were out of his wheelhouse and the hearing was not solely about the virus.

He doesnt know how to handle it…that’s his issue

No, Pence is simply the point of contact with the Administration. The people running the relevant departments and agencies are in charge of handling the outbreak.

Why would the NHS know this? Huh huh huh…

Well that’s not true. Medical professionals were very clear that a vaccine will be 12-18 months away from now. When they expect this virus to make its second appearance/round of global infection.

Honestly the one thing I noticed was the dramatic juxtaposition between Trump and Pence speaking. Trump was a rambling moron. Clearly speaking well outside even the most basic understanding of the situation. And then Pence began speaking and he sounded like a true statesman. A man we would want to have confidence in and could believe his knowledge, understanding, and willingness to defer to experts make him trustworthy.

I wonder if any other conservatives felt that same way tonight?

This post is entirely based on nothing but your own hatred of Trump.

1 Like

I’m not blaming Trump. Just calling a spade a spade. Trump is a moron and should not be speaking publicly about this public health crisis. He is not prepared to lead a county in this kind of situation.

He doesn’t know how to handle any issue. But he still fronts and pretends. But not this time. This is different.