Trump will only be a single term president

Very true, but Obama’s 2012 victory was no shoe-in in the popular (he beat Romney by only 5 million in the popular vote). It was the electoral votes where he really beat him. And not all of the states that went for him in '16 are guaranteed in 2020.

The irrationality of voters has been demonstrated countless times in countless countries in countless elections. So you never know.

It all depends on who the Democrats run. Trump is at a disadvantage in that he has done nothing to increase his base. He’s not a uniter by any stretch. He’s a Fox & Friends, Twitter Troll, InfoWars idiot who just managed to con enough other idiots to get the seat. It’ll be a harder sell the second time.

3 Likes

Well there are no guarantees in life period; just saying incumbents apparently have a huge advantage.

I’m actually not sure why that is considering that everybody on both sides always seems to be pissed off about everything and people generally have a negative perception of where things are trending and hate the government.

You’d think that nobody on the national scale would ever get re-elected , yet here we are.

1 Like

Agreed.

It isn’t over until the last vote is counted.

Good seeing you here again btw.

Hey Janet ! I don’t remember you. Did you have a different username on the old forum ?

Sure did.

Had log in trouble with the new forum (ID with a space), so logged in from Facebook.

I was Sponge Bob.

And I always liked your posts.

1 Like

Awesome ! Great to see you Sponge !

1 Like

the earth is square also.

There was no incumbent running in 2916. That probably had something to do with it.

Sponge Bob! Hey bud… :slight_smile:

He tried to use his presidential influence in 2016 but it didn’t help, is what I was saying.

Hey, madasheck!

Hope you’re doing well!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You are both correct.

1 Like

I predict he’ll be re-nominated, and by a comfortable margin. The GOP is hostage to Trumpism for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

There is a definite disadvantage in a party winning the WH three terms in a row.
It’s only happened three times in the last 100 years.

How does congressional gerrymandering affect the presidential election?

1 Like

It doesn’t.

1 Like

It only effects congressional elections.

1 Like

If they haven’t been convinced by now, they never will be.

Disagree. I think he’ll be an anchor around their neck. He may run but he won’t get the nomination.