Trump will fight impeachment in Supreme Court

Deflector shields, activated! Whataboutism engaged!!

The baaah baaah baaaahd bleats of sheople in the morning rushing to the defense of their shepherd!

Good morning my friend. Have I told u, I luv u yet 2day? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Impeachment Its very good political theater.

acticles of impeachment draw up. charges filed. and then voted on in the house.

If it passes AOC brings the charges to the senate, where a trial is held.

AOC is chief prosecutor of the impeachment trial.

LOL. that will be worth the price of admission.

oh and the senate votes against removing Trump.

Meanwhile during the trial we will be regaled by Trump’s tweet proclaiming his innocence.

Allan

all that time Mike Pence is secretly wishing the senate to remove Trump so he can have his one shot at being president.

Allan

1 Like

well, you know, unless all the other investigations and tracking his money turn up more bad stuff.

They put the dems in control of the house to have oversight of the president.

since Trump is fighting the dems at all times. The impeachment threat is the pocket bullets

Allan

to be fair, Trump has to fight them. he’s always been a law breaker and the second they get his taxes and track his money he’s done for. he’s gotta string this out and pray he wins a second term.

do the math…

he’s 72yo. if he’s defeated at the next election he’ll be 74yo

criminal proceeding can then start and he could be in prison by the time he’s 76yo.

but if he wins he won’t be touched until he’s 78yo (absent an impeachment). the average life expectancy is 78yo.

Nixon v. United States was after impeachment had been completed.

My understanding was that Trump would sue to prevent impeachment proceedings.

Two different things.
.^^^^

2 Likes

It reminds me of what he said when asked what kind of Supreme Court Justices that he would appoint:

“Well, I’d probably appoint people that would look very seriously at her email disaster because it’s a criminal activity, and I would appoint people that would look very seriously at that to start off with,” Trump said in a phone interview with ABC’s “Good Morning America.” “What she’s getting away with is absolutely murder. You talk about a case — now that’s a real case.”

Definitely demonstrates a firm grasp of . . . something.

3 Likes

Idiot - (n) technically not illegal

2 Likes

If the impeachment proceedings had not occurred, the Chief Justice would have had nothing to do with it. No reason to recuse.

Middle America…sometimes, they have some ODD reasons for not voting for someone or voting for someone.

Or else they have the newbies and outliers testing the public waters…

RIght…

And just like 138 million killed in Sri Lanka…

Honestly, IMO I don’t think donnie thinks of his own death.

Good point, fat donald has never gone through a family tragedy that I know of. This might explain the complete lack of empathy or self reflection of his life.

Trump is far above any mere average person. He will probably live to 180 or so.

dad had Alzheimer, just a matter of time for the president.

Allan

That makes no sense.

If the impeachment proceedings had not occurred, there there would have been no case AFTER the impeachment proceedings (that didn’t occur) on which the SCOTUS would have been asked to rule.

.^^^^