Trump very concerned about Chinese jobs

China has been bastards in that area and in part why Trump is placing embargos on some of their products. Are you in favor now of Trump’s move?

Well, since it’s only suspected, we should definitely prop them up. Yay Trump.

I’m against it…no question. If this company was having to make such drastic cuts, Trump’s actions have brought them to their knees. Now if he doesn’t want to publicly cut off their head but instead show some mercy while the Chinese public is watching, I believe he’ll make hay out of that that will benefit us in the future but obviously…once again…it’s just me.

Hahaha…Trump progably wasn’t even aware of any of this. You give him way too much credit.

I’ll have to find the article, but it was reported some months ago that the 5g chipsets will be made exclusively in the US because of ZTE’s built in backdoors on some current equipment. I don’t think they’ve actually found the smoking gun of them hacking our wireless network, but they made it awfully damn easy.

If Ford or GM were laying off thousands of workers here in the US due to the embargo of a foreign country, label it as you would. That’s what is happening in China. Trump doesn’t want the company to go bankrupt. He’s just trying to get the government’s attention.

Nothing has actually happened yet in Korea y’know. Don’t mistake spin and hype for reality.

If Kim gives up his nukes i’ll be happy to sing Trumps praises on that one. Aint going to happen though.

Nor do we know what North Korea’. long term goal is.

The messaging out of the WH has been interesting. It’s all over the place.

There’s the possibility that they’re floating the idea of N.Korea keeping nukes and being formally accepted as a nuclear power, as long as they give up chemical/bio weaps and their long range ICBM’s that could reach the US.

That would be far worse than the Iran deal ever was, but I could kinda see it happening.

400 of those jobs moving from one state to another.

Yes I know a new harley plant is opening in India. Main reason is the import tax on the MC’s in that country. Profits under the new tax law will get taxed – harley won’t be able to stash them off shore.

Using american resources to save jobs at a company who sold products based on stolen US tech to Iran and NK against our sanctions, and who also used their products to spy on US soldiers is a display of power?

This analogy only works if Ford and GM were also selling cars based on stolen technology to Iran and NK.

As the wicked witch of the west once said, “these things must be done…delicately”. You’re just too rough.:grin:

hold that thought. After the negotiations on China trade are done and we are the clear winners, it will be easier for linear thinkers to understand.

Trump is all over the place.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we eventually found out that he was simply selling policy decisions.

So then you are in favor of using US resources to help a corp that stole US tech and sold products to Iran and NK against our sanctions?

Sounds like you are.

so then… you are in favor of America giving up leverage in trade negotiations.

Sounds like you are.

It appears that many are. Including our president.

So you think ignoring the fact that a foreign company stole US tech, and broke our sanctions with danger foreign regimes is leverage?

Doing that actually undermines our credibility. It’s anti-leverage.

From now on, corps will now they can ignore US sanctions and steal US corp tech and instead of facing consequences, Trump will demand the Commerce Department help keep them afloat.

We applied sanctions that we now find is crippling. Easing them to make it painful but not terminating their existence is a funny way to conclude “we” are helping them? I guess it’s a more liberal way of looking at things but it borders a lie…wouldn’t you agree?