Trump Tower meeting Russian lawyer admits she was paid informant to the Kremlin

An interview to air tonight on MSNBC will reveal that Natalia V. Veselnitskaya was more than just a private lawyer delivering damaging information on the Clintons, reports the New York Times.

She reveals to reporter Richard Engel that she was an information source to top Kremlin official Yuri Y. Chaika, the prosecutor general. Newly released emails also show she worked with Russia’s chief legal office to thwart a Justice Department civil fraud case against a Russian firm.

“I am a lawyer, and I am an informant,” she says. “Since 2013, I have been actively communicating with the office of the Russian prosecutor general.”

I’d suspected there was more to her than originally reported. I’m guessing this isn’t the last of it.

Drip, drip, drip.

You say she was more than just a private lawyer delivering damaging information on the Clintons. What damaging information did she deliver on the Clintons?

Not surprising.

i have to ask… do you think this whole Russian thing is made up?

Nice attempt at downplaying the fact that the Trump campaign met with a Kremlin operative to try and get information that would help their campaign

“If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

That’s the spin Donald Trump, Jr. had on the offer. Looks like he had perspective on when it would be most valuable, too.

The only option they have left is to keep kicking bits over clay over the turds in the litter box. More and more turds every day. And they’re running out of litter.

I’m starting to think that Donald Trump is not a honorable guy.

2 Likes

Lol!..

Yes. The investigations with FBI, House, Senate, Mueller plus all the investigative journalists who would love to find something have been going on too long and turned up too little. Maybe somethings there but it should have been found by now. I felt the same way about the birth certificate thing. If you have that many people working so hard to find something, you are either up against a Moriarty or there is nothing there.
Sure Russia shows up a lot. But connections involving talking with people from other countries are just ignored, so it looks like this is somehow unique.

Interesting. No one even attempted to answer my question.

Because your question was nothing more than an irrelevant deflection. It doesn’t matter if she gave them a thing. Intent is all that’s needed. That the Trump campaign went into that meeting thinking they were getting something is the what’s important.

Well, then there will be a lot of Democrats with a need to explain a few things.

For example, this lawyer was in tight with Democrats within the Obama administration, received preferential treatment from the Obama State Department to enter the USA, and if I recall, she also met with the co-founder of Fusion GPS before, and after her meeting with Don Jr.

Of course that’s hardly the entire point. Intent matters, right? As in, for example, conspiracy to commit espionage against the US being a prosecutable offense even if that conspiracy is thwarted or fails before delivering any “goods.”
The reed you’re standing on is getting thinner and thinner.

Is this worse than Hilary paying Russian operatives within the Kremlin, to actually receive “information that would help her campaign” and authorize a FISA warrant to spy on Trump’s campaign?

By all means have Hillary investigated too. I don’t condone illegal behavior from my side of the political aisle unlike Trump supporters

Wow, if you think that actually happened, you really should think about laying off the Fox sauce.

So wait
People were concerned that Trump could be blackmailed by Russia.
And if Russia has dirt on Clinton couldn’t she have been at risk to be blackmailed just as much as Trump.

I still say Both Campaigns went to Russia to get information on their opponents.

Lol trumpists rationalize everyyything

who wants to take this one? again.