Trump to sanction turkey

I have no idea what you’re trying to say here, and I’m still not tnt.

How did Saudi Arabia enter the discussion?

So you claim :laughing:

“Fewer Borders at Home, more Border Wars abroad”

Has a ring to it as a slogan.

1 Like

Troops are expendable. After all, they’re someone else’s kids.

1 Like

Believe what exactly? Post your infalible solution? Haven’t seen it yet. Post it. On the record. For all to see and bookmark.

Was that any part of what the President proposed?

I was responding to this post of yours:

What is it that you want me to “solve”?

No…but sanctions can be ratchet up.

So maybe in the future time the President would ratchet up sanctions in order to cause economic pain… instead of tariffs on a country where we don’t buy that much stuff from in the first place.

It would seem that the ground work for the official disapproval could have happened during that UN resolution, but we sided with Russia on that issue.

So if it never happens during the Trump Presidency, I will not be surprised.

1 Like

Iran sanctions “work” because we also fine and sanction third parties who deal with both Iran and the United States. I guess I missed the third party sanction threat from Trump. Let me guess, we’ll all have to wait for the master plan.

Turkey’s nominal GDP in 2018 was $766 billion. Turkey’s exports to the US in 2018 were $10 billion. Even if all $10 billion were wiped out overnight, that would only be a 1.3% hit to their GDP.

It’s going to take a lot more than unilateral sanctions to have any impact. The US will have to fine and sanction private companies and other countries to have any effect.

Get congress involved…say where are they?

Unilateral sanctions on Turkey is window dressing; this was planned.

Given the topic of this thread, I want you to provide solutions.

What are they?

I don’t have a solution.

My solution would have been to not ■■■■ everything up in the first place.

1 Like

You’re not up to date. It’s coalition time! Everyone is unhappy about Turkey. Russia, EU, Iran…

Boy that will leave a mark!

:roll_eyes:

That isn’t a choice. Now what?

Do we still have our nukes or NATO stored in Turkey?

If so why?

I need to go look that up?

:rofl:

As I said, I don’t have a solution to cleaning up the mess than Trump created.

Not making the mess in the first place is the best I’ve got.

2 Likes

It was impossible to know this would happen. Everyone thought turkey was bluffing about wanting to kill all the Kurds. Nobody thought he’d actually do it!

2 Likes