Trump to Iran Prez: Consequences like few have ever suffered

All countries, really.

Oh and I just saw it mentioned that Manaforts trial starts like this week, wonder if that had anything to do with the tweet :laughing:.

https://twitter.com/POTUS_CustServ/status/1021274929474547712

I wish it were possible to see how many times a tweet has been reportedā€¦ Is it?

Doubtful. Heā€™d be tweeting stupid ā– ā– ā– ā–  no matter what.

3 Likes

Not surprising, my very bright friend Born Again, I beg to differ. I subscribe to Trey Gowdyā€™s advice: ā€˜for the President of the United States, every syllable mattersā€™. I donā€™t mind tough talk to Iran or the proven concept of peace through strength, but Trump is saying unprecedented consequences will befall Iran if they ā€˜threaten the U.S.ā€™ i.e. in words. I donā€™t believe words should provoke us. One simple aggressive action, yes, but not words.

Who knew that the key to an effective foreign policy would be to act like a pre-pubescent 12 year old girl on Twitter? How long before Trump calls Rouhani a doodoo head? Threatens to tell his mommy?

1 Like

I donā€™t have a problem with what Trump said. I have a problem that he did it on Twitter. Go through regular diplomatic channels. Communicate to the Iranian personally.

I donā€™t think speak softly but carry a big stick is such a bad thing. This is like the playground bully shaking down other kids for milk money only while having his supporting bullyā€™s standing behind him. Normally the bully was never any problem by himself. But with his band of brothersā€¦It is a different story. Trump stands and hides behind twitter and the thousands of supportersā€¦whom he needs to bolster his courageā€¦Man. Have a face to face with the guy. Call him on the phone and tell him. Donā€™t Tweet it.

Do they even have Twitter in Iran?

Like the playground bully he is. Right?

They do this every so oftenā€¦and you guys lose your ā– ā– ā– ā–  everytimeā€¦and nothing happensā€¦

Awesome! Thanks for the chuckles

Exactly. This X 100.

Can someone please let President Stable Genius know that the United States has the Department of State to handle diplomatic relations with other countries, to include communication with said countries? And, unlike President Stable Genius, these folks actually know what they are doing and donā€™t resort to a silly all caps Tweet to handle foreign relationsā€¦ in a language that the majority of Iranians do not speak at that.

Only 100 Joanneā€¦Iā€™m slipping.

Democrats risk alienating voters with their extremism on things like universal health care - The Liberal Media.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1021234525626609666?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1021243196892905472&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdigbysblog.blogspot.com%2F

By the wayā€¦Iā€™m Busting Chops today.

But that is what Trump and his cultists want. They want him out there doing things outside the normā€¦so they can MAGA the crap out of everything.

By the wayā€¦Iā€™m Busting Chops Today.

1 Like

Your analysis is unhistorical and out of context. Indeed, I struggle to discern any context where permitting bullies hurl threats without any response, is a wise strategy.

Like posting a sign on your lawn ā€œgun free zoneā€ where home invasions are common.

Apart from your personal preferences regarding taking abuse without responding, can you point to a country in the Middle Eastern Culture that didnā€™t respond to threats and were benefited by that strategy.

ā€œoutside the normā€ response of not fixing problems, yes we do.

Trump was handed a bag of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and heā€™s scooping out the turds as he goes. Iran NK Russia Theft of our Manufacturing Base by the world.

And heā€™s winning. Iā€™m tired of the norm losing, why arenā€™t you?

Democrats want peace with everyone but Republicans.

They scream at us in all caps when we dine, or dare to wear a MGA hat.

Thatā€™s the extremism that ā€œblue dog Democratsā€ reject, and they are coming home to the party of common sense solutions, and civil discussion of policy.

Because winning by the way of bullying and berating is not winning. It is simply being a thug. Why do you accept that?