Trump to commute blago sentence

Nope and it’s not something I feel strongly about now either.

Why? Is Blago going to be working for the feds?

Oh, this is nice.

https://twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1229839552686231557

Hey! It’s just a little political corruption! Just some abuse of the power accorded by voters. Who cares about shaking down a children’s hospital for campaign donations?? It’s no big deal!

Shrug limply. Look away. We have a president who thinks none of this is a big deal.

3 Likes

What’s a little white collar crime and corruption among friends?

Swimming in the same filth. Amirite?

1 Like

The swamp is so drained.

1 Like

into a bigger nicer swamp.

1 Like

He is such a moron.
I bet all you have to do to get a Pardon is go on Fox and Friends and blame the deep state.

2 Likes

Taking bribes… I mean “loans” … from foreign billionaires is now cool.

1 Like

By it’s very nature, pardons set free people who have been convicted of crimes. So unless you want to stick to criticizing the power itself you aren’t making any point here. Name a recent President who hasn’t pardoned a white collar criminal.

For this I am glad. This guy is a horrible politician, but by all accounts a good husband and father. This was truly a political witch hunt as his sentence should have been no more than 18 months to 4 years, if I remember correctly, instead they threw the book at him and he’s been in prison most of his daughter’s lives. I hope it happens and happens quickly.

His Crime…having this thing…It’s ■■■■■■■ Golden and he wasn’t just going to give it away.

1 Like

He pardoned Bernard Kerik too…
I think he just like showing he has the power to pardon whomever he wants…

1 Like

And threatening funding to Children’s Hospitals for extorted donations. Don’t forget that one brother. He is vile.

And hey, if the left wants people to compare Presidential pardons, they are more than welcome to compare Kerick’s lifetime of service to this country before he committed his crimes to a whole of people Obama pardoned that can’t begin to hold a candle to it.

In defense, I don’t think his intention was to ever extort anything from anyone. I think his intent was to say, look, I get to appoint someone to this seat, and I am not going to just appoint someone and not get some kind of political favor for it. What can the person I appointed do for me politically. It wasn’t a money meant to be a money transaction, but it certainly was a standard quid pro quo…which we all know is perfectly acceptable these days.

No…Rev…if you know any knowledge on my history on this case…I have said for years he was given a raw deal. I thought OBAMA would have pardoned him or commuted his sentence at the end of his presidency and thought he was a coward for not doing it.

I am completely serious. I live just outside of Chicago, and followed this closely, and was blown away when he got 14 years for basically quid pro quoing a senate seat.

1 Like

How many crimes to did he commit without getting caught during his “lifetime of service”…
I’m sure the ones he got caught on aren’t his first…

Ah it was only just a bit of political corruption. No biggie.

They all do it, right? :laughing:.

You want to punish people for crimes that have not been proven to have taken place let alone convicted of? Interesting approach to criminal justice.