Trump ties with Obama as most admired man

This could really trigger some people (on both sides).

Barack Obama and Donald Trump are tied this year as the most admired man.

Bet no one saw that coming.

Each year since 1948, Gallup has asked Americans to name, in an open-ended fashion, which man and woman living anywhere in the world they admire most. This year’s results are based on a Dec. 2-15 poll.

Not a multiple choice queston. Just put a name down as who you admire most in the world.

That’s even with all the 3 years of negative press from the lamestream media.

1 Like

Trump probably did, so too his advisers.

Did they tie for least admired as well or did Trump win that one?

Trump and Obama each hat 18%. No other person in the male category broke double digits.

Not surprising.

Let me quote another part of the article The highlighting of two names was mine:

“After Obama and Trump, no other man was mentioned by more than 2% of respondents. The remainder of the top 10 for men this year includes former President Jimmy Carter, businessman Elon Musk, philanthropist and Microsoft founder Bill Gates, Pope Francis, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, California Rep. Adam Schiff, the Dalai Lama, and investor Warren Buffett.”

I will merely observe without comment that only two people named are not USA citizens.

Michelle Obama was in the top position for woman followed by (I have highlighted the ones that would be of interest in the women’s list):

“Current first lady Melania Trump finished second this year, mentioned by 5%, with former talk show host Oprah Winfrey, Clinton and teen climate change activist Greta Thunberg named by 3% of U.S. adults each. The remainder of the top 10 for women includes Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley.”

So obviously you must have a point.

What is it?

My point is clear and well made. I see no reason at this point in time to expand on it.

1 Like

And the point of highlighting two people who where way down the list under 2% is?

I highlighted two names from the top 10. Specifically Bernie Sanders and Adam Schiff. It would be accurate to suggest that neither person would be particularly popular with a number of participants on this forum.

Similarly, in the top 10 women I highlighted H Clinton, G Thunberg, N Pelosi, R B Ginsburg, E Warren and A Merkel. None of whom would be favourites with a number of posters on this forum.

Clearly we live in very partisan times. I am sceptical of the poll and extremely dubious about the meaningfulness of this poll.

Probably not. But they didn’t garner much response since they were 2% or below.

Sceptical of a poll that has been done every year for 70 is years? So then your sceptical that Obamma has been in the top of the list for several years?

My scepticism would be the same if it was Obama, Trump or me leading the poll.

If you were leading the poll I’d have more than secpticism :smiley:

As is, a type of poll conducted every year for 71 years. I don’t find any issues with the poll.

A seventy year record indicates otherwise.

Obviously when I said me I was using hyperbole.

I give this poll about as much credence as any other. That being said, we need better people to look up to or “admire.” Much better people. Unfortunately we seem to have gone from admiring innovators and creators in this country to thieves and conmen. (Businessmen who inhereted or stole others’ ideas and politicians.)

2 Likes

I’m not on the list? It’s fake. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m surprised it hasn’t been tweeted from the Whitehouse yet…

:rofl: talk about grasping at straws!

1 Like

Give it a couple of hours. Egg McMuffins.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: