Trump threatens to hold up aid to Michigan over absentee voting

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1263074783673102337?s=20

But of course he got that wrong too…They sent out applications for a ballot, not actual ballots. But now you can see how he operates. Screw people in need, if things aren’t done my way. Everything he does is about him and his re-election.

Michigan should be open.

The need is to remove the obstacles to opening.

Absentee ballots are a diversion to opening.

:haircut_woman:t3:

1 Like

What a leader. So inspiring.

Deflection…This has nothing to do with opening…This has to do with aid for disasters, that he’d withhold. Remember he loves the “Forgotten man”

"Trump drew a quick response and correction from Jocelyn Benson, Michigan’s secretary of state: “Hi! I also have a name, it’s Jocelyn Benson. And we sent applications, not ballots. Just like my GOP colleagues in Iowa, Georgia, Nebraska and West Virginia.”

https://twitter.com/JocelynBenson/status/1263089382690631680?s=20

4 Likes

What funding is he talking about?

If it’s pandemic control stuff, this is one of more disgusting moves of his presidency.

2 Likes

Not open means not a deflection.

The people will just do it ourselves.

1 Like

Just do it then.
I’ll chip in for snacks.

1 Like

Been doing it for 3 weeks.

Not every open business makes the news for cutting Big Ben’s hair.

Don’t choke on your popcorn.

:popcorn:

1 Like

Because all of his moves against Michigan need to be given context. This president does not give a damn about those people.

“I say, ‘Mike, don’t call the governor of Washington. You are wasting your time with him. Don’t call the woman in Michigan.’ It doesn’t make any difference what happens”

MI loves economic castration.

Yeah Wittmer.

2 Likes

When the Prez goes off half cocked it brings out the ■■■■ house lawyers and the closet never Trumpers!

Is there a problem with Michigan sending out ballot applications?

Your deflecting…I’ll take that as admitting you can’t defend this. He’s not withholding aid because of the shut down, this is over mail in voting.

4 Likes

He thought they were actual ballots, he was wrong again…But it exposed how twisted he is.

1 Like

More like half-baked since he got it wrong, again.

I hope voters recognize the consistent pattern of malice against the state of Michigan.

Trump-country is going to try and do a lot of dishonest flailing and grunting in Wittmer’s direction to cover it up before November.

3 Likes

I am past the absentee ballot vs mail in voting non-issue.

Absentee ballots are fine with me.

Orange Man wrong on this.

Ironically this helped in CA with the most recent R house pickup.

Telling MI they can’t safely open is a pressing issue, IMO.

The law is Constitutional liberty.

There will be no law breaking.

We will fight for liberty, just like the TX salon owner Shelley Luther.

The lawsuits and court battles are queuing up.

1 Like

I’m from PA, primary domicile is MD and have a home in FL. When I voted in PA and now in MD you used to have to request an absentee ballot. Last year and now this year in MD an absentee primary ballot showed up for my wife, a voting age son and myself.
Interestingly enough, my wife has been a resident of Florida for six years now and has voted there. We stopped trying to get her name removed from the roll in MD; apparently it’s ok to vote twice here unless you get caught? Down in the city there’s always dead people voting! How do they do that?

1 Like

Could you provide a link, please?

How many dead people have actually voted?

1 Like