Trump threatening to close southern border unless he gets wall funding

The temper tantrum is escalating… I wonder how the stock market would react to closing the southern border?

Capture

1 Like

If we’re supposed to take this seriously, this would really be disastrous to the economy.

Empty threat by an empty president.

8 Likes

I posted this somewhere else, but at this point I think it may be time to cut Trump out of these negotiations. It’s clear he’s not negotiating in good faith.

I’d recommend Congress pass a bill without any funding for his silly wall. When he vetoes it, override the veto. At this point, it looks like that is going to be the only way to break the impasse.

Go back to “Pre-NAFTA”?

Didn’t he just sign a bigly deal that fixed NAFTA?

1 Like

I suspect that’s what will happen in the next week or so…

1 Like

It would also be overturned by the courts very quickly…

That’s the thing. The Senate had enough votes to unanimously pass a spending bill, therefore they should have enough votes to override a veto.

It’s possible that the 116th Congress will pass a spending bill that is even less to Trump’s liking than the bill the Senate passed. That would really make Trump mad, if he understood what was happening. It’s possible nobody would put the 2 things together for him, so he might never make the connection himself.

Shutting down the southern border is a weeny move. He should shut down all the borders. That’ll show everyone who’s in charge. #MAGA :us:

1 Like

Yeah, I think that’s very likely the case. Trump tends to focus on the shiny thing right in front of him. As soon as he sees something else shiny, his attention is drawn away.

I don’t think he’s even thinking about the transition that’s about to take place.

1 Like

Screenshot%20from%202018-12-28%2006-27-12

No more aid! That will help reduce the amount of people seeking better conditions in our country.

1 Like

Shut it all down! Please!

He is flailing. It’s a loser issue and he is backed into a corner. It would be hilarious if not so pathetic.

How quickly he forgets.

MEXICO CITY (AP)

“The United States pledged $5.8 billion in aid and investment Tuesday for strengthening government and economic development in Central America, and another $4.8 billion in development aid for southern Mexico.

The U.S aid aims to promote better security conditions and job opportunities as part of a regional plan to allow Central Americans and Mexicans to remain in their countries and not have to emigrate.

The plan was announced in a joint U.S.-Mexican statement released by the State Department and read aloud by Mexican Foreign Relations Secretary Marcelo Ebrard in the Mexican capital.”

“The U.S. State Department issued a simultaneous statement saying “The United States is committing $5.8 billion through public and private investment to promote institutional reforms and development in the Northern Triangle,” a term that refers to Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador.”

https://www.apnews.com/0fcda32812024680ad98676379c47233

Fat donald is losing it again. He probably saw the poll results yesterday on the border wall.

Apparently that’s cancelled now. It wasn’t popular with Trump’s base when they heard we weren’t going get 5 billion for the wall, but we were going spend twice that on aid to Central and South America.

Hes a complete and utter buffoon.

Screenshot%20from%202018-12-28%2007-11-42

I love it when he lets us know what he’s watching at the moment.

1 Like

Thats all he does at this point is threaten. Other than that he doesn’t do ■■■■■ Here is a fun fact for you. Guess how many times Orangeface has vetoed a bill? Answer … ZERO, NADA, ZIP, ZILTCH. Threat after threat. That time has come and gone. His lame duck ass is going to either spend his next two years setting records for vetos or the Democrats are gonna make him their bitch by forcing him to sign all these bills that do many things he campaigned against. Popcorn makers are gonna be super happy.

1 Like

I wish that would happen- but there is little chance that McConnell and the republican Senate would work against the president at this point- even though they passed a clean CR unanimously just a week ago.