Trump: There we’re stenographers on the phone call

I mean they’re not like a court transcript, they’re written in a “so and so inquired about this, so and so answered this.”

Like the “Mueller” Manifesto.

Hehe laughed good on this one

I could name 6 who still post here off the top of my head.

You got him now.
Except it has already been explained that these memos are compiled from the notes these people take.

He has no motive for most of his lies. Never stopped him before.

Allan

Hearsay

And you do realize that the “verbatim transcript” referenced int the whistle blower form states that it was prepared by the people in the situation room?
What you have “discovered” is the process involved. Notes are taken and the memo/transcript is prepared from the notes.
But I understand. There has to be more because the only record we have does not support the story spun by the whistle blower and by Schiff.

Well, suits me.
Sit there in a paradise waiting for that imagined “real” “verbatim” transcript to appear that will read more like what Schiff passed off as Trump speaking than the real memo.
You will have a long wait.

So the secret password server is just a hoax? Ok…

It’s not whitewashed, it is not a complete transcript because there is no stenographer and no intent to capture every word spoken, only notes taken by a couple of NSC guys who are trying to capture the things worth making notes about.

Of course there is, your own link stated computers are used to record every word.

Not quite

from MSN

Pfeiffer said the software does not record or process the president’s voice. It processes the voice of a staffer who repeats what that person hears on the call. The software then produces a rough transcript.

After the call, the note-takers compare their notes and consolidate a recollection of the conversation into one document, former officials said. Then it is passed to senior NSC staffers and other experts who listened, who compare it with their own notes and memories and also correct proper names and other errors the software made.

Nice link… :rofl:

But former White House staffers said that the Trump administration, in a departure from prior presidencies, has been more willing to edit the telephone conversation memos to remove errors or insensitive remarks Trump has made, apparently in an effort to avoid political heat or embarrassment.

Oh but there is more! :wink:

“Even if it’s unredacted; those transcripts are heavily edited by political leadership at NSC. I’ve seen substance deleted from these call ‘transcripts’ to delete either superfluous details or more substance.”

“Transcript” indeed!

Do they ever stop stepping on the rake?

1 Like

It didn’t purport to be a verbatim transcript. Says otherwise in the document.

from READ: White House 'Transcript' of Trump Call With Ukraine President

Read the paragraph after the big word “Caution” on page 1

Confirmed what I said: Whitewashed.

Of course that is the way a conversation would be in this case. This is a totally professional conversation with each side stating what they want.
What we actually have is the case of a President and Secretary of State fulfilling their duties. The only thing the WB added was an unsupportable insinuation of intents from within the mind of Trump.
That’s why Schiff had to read his made up script…the real one was innocuous.

And that is why there is such a strong belief that there must be a hidden, more incriminating memo. We couldn’t have started an impeachment based on nothing but spin…could we?

Trump has not had a professional conversation, ever.

No, there has to be more because the memo says the call was 30 minutes and it’s less than 4.5 pages.