Trump Team Doing "Plunge Protection"

How much market cap did Mnuchin shave off today with his calls yesterday?

That’s not true, as I discovered a couple of decades ago. No matter how much a stock price falls, it can always fall another 100%.

1 Like

Yup I took myself out of the market a week ago, gonna sit this out and see how it goes.

Dont get me wrong I will be jumping back in, but it’s in free fall right now.

I expected volatility with rising rates, but the Trumpers lord and savior the current occupant of the WH, Cheeto Jesus has done literally everything to make it worse.

3 Likes

Yup. I have one rollover account of my wife’s that I haven’t touched. It’s getting slaughtered. Fortunately, it’s only about 5% of the total. As for the others, I’m sitting on a pile of cash and bonds, mostly cash, since the middle of last month, though I moved a lot from bonds to money markets last week.

I have time for one good equities push before I retire, but I’m close enough to be more cautious. My wife has time for two cycles at least.

2 Likes

Maybe you guys concentrated too much on the born rich part and not enough on the failed, went bankrupt or was forcibly removed from control of his holdings parts.

1 Like

:laughing:

Yeah, he really, really, really wants to be at Mar-a-Lago right now.

I wonder what effect his transparent fiending to play golf is going to have on his steel slat negotiations.

It’s almost as if said poster has no idea why the fed increases and lowers rates. No wait it’s not almost, its exactly that.

2 Likes

Well, all of this was certainly worth a Gorsuch.

Through a great deal of luck, and very little foresight, a couple of months ago I liquidated my largest 401k accounts in order to transfer the money into IRAs. As I was a bit wary, I did not immediately invest those funds and so have most of my retirement fund (~75%) sitting in cash. I’m not that far off from retirement (hopefully), but figure to reinvest one more time in . . . 3 months or so? 6 months? 12-18???

1 Like

French is weird. I learned that cake was gateau. Looked up pain brioche - Learned something new - thanks.

2 Likes

I’m sitting on a pile of cash but I’m pretty sure I’m not going to do anything until Donald is out of office.

Our 403B is in one of those vehicals that is geared to age and since we are in our 60’s it’s quite conservatively invested.

Our other investment accounts hold a lot of stocks which pay good dividends, so for now we aren’t changing anything. We also have the luxury of a very large pension H wil get when he retires in 1 1/2 years. Plus, he is going to keep working, just not for the State, since he will only be 62 when he retires.

I’m liking dat 7% divvy on att and where it’s at now, but they have a lot of debt

Every time I see him I think of Fred Armisen. The resemblance is uncanny.

2 Likes

I bet you also think it’s crazy to raise taxes in a good economy to pay down debt, right?

You’re a typical Trump supporter: Completely ignorant of how economics and finance works. Dummies electing dummies to office. Fastest way to crash and burn.

In conclusion, Trump is a bozo, and we are all paying the price.

This conclusion applies to all of the other Trump threads, by the way.

1 Like

If there’s one thing more enlightening than emerging from insanity, it’s watching it happen. Way more entertaining at least. lol