Trump Syria policy in his own words is blood for oil

That’s just ridiculous bordering on insane.

I agree…and why previous politicians never admitted the truth.

Does that 15k number include personnel aboard ships and aircraft carriers or is that a number of “boots on the ground”?
Just curious.

That’s not the question you were asked.

You were asked how you could call him honest when he said he was withdrawing troops so he could bring them home.

:flushed::laughing:

Now come on, you know they can’t admit the slightest bit of wrongdoing on Trump’s part.

1 Like

…and I’ve already covered it. Catch up.

Where?

You stated that “the honest politician” lied?

I’d like to see that.

What Trump said? Yes and it fits a long pattern of Trump waxing rhapsodic and pillaging Iraqi oil, he likes oil, and now we took the oil and can do with it what we want.

Assuming that is what he meant, Then clearly that is a war crime. I tend to think that is exactly what he plans as war crimes don’t mean much to the President, parading around convicted war criminals at private fund raisers.

Take your pick of credible sources, but it’s not an argument that pillaging Syrian is a war crime unless US forces are using it for the own mobility due to lack of supply, but I doubt US supply lines are stretched that thin.

https://www.google.com/search?q=US+trump+take+syrian+oul+war+crime&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS819US819&oq=US+trump+take+syrian+oul+war+crime+&aqs=chrome..69i57.10959j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Now that that that’s been established, that is my only response as it’s now settled and I’m not very interested in watching increasingly desperate and convoluted “arguments” as to why reality isn’t real that does in until everybody just gets bored and leaves.

3 Likes

I agree with it. Oil is the life blood of freedom. Maybe liberals should come up with a better alternative?

Yay more war crimes! Might as well let it all hang out, in for a penny in for a pound

So let’s say the US does openly endorse war crimes and pillages Syrian oil.

Through what mechanism does the US do anything with this illegally obtained oil? No refiner would touch it in this country, much less any tanker transport it. It wouldn’t be allowed on the spot market .

So…sell it to ISIS probably?

It is all forces, naval, air force and including 2,000 or more boots on the ground, with missile batteries and support.

Back in the day there were complaints that Obama didn’t bomb the same oil Trump is keen on taking.

Complete BS, we’re not “pillaging Syria”.

We’re not keeping the oil for ourselves we’re keeping it out of the hands of ISIS and denying access to Assad as well.

I was told ISIS was destroyed by your orange jesus.
Are you saying trump lied for political gain?

1 Like

So, we make sure ISIS can’t have it and Assad can’t have it. We decide who can have it, but this isn’t “pillaging”.?

1 Like

Maybe plundering?

1 Like

The President wants to keep at least some of it.

“We’re keeping the oil,” the president told a gathering of police chiefs in Chicago on Monday. “Remember that. I’ve always said that: Keep the oil. We want to keep the oil – $45 million a month. Keep the oil.”

In explaining the legal and strategic purpose behind the new U.S. presence in northeast Syria, Esper did not attempt to reconcile his comments with the reason that Trump has touted repeatedly since first announcing Baghdadi’s death early Sunday: The U.S. should “be able to take some also.”

Trump’s statements are not only divorced from reality, experts say, but illegal, and endanger American interests in the region.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-report/articles/2019-10-28/trump-pentagon-diverge-on-need-to-control-syrian-oil-fields

Sooo, seems like a slam dunk for Trumps Harshest Critic to point out the CiC is wanting to commit war crimes and again finds himself at odds with The Generals and that is not good.

(Cupping ear)

4 Likes

Why shouldn’t we keep the oil? Brave American men and women dying are over there, doing their duty to America. Shouldn’t their sacrifices go toward Making America Great Again? That oil will go a long way towards making certain Americans rich. When those types of people make money, everyone else benefits. Believe me. We’re going to make a killing.

1 Like

Would’ve been nice to have taken the Iraqi oil fields when we had the chance too.