Trump Syria policy in his own words is blood for oil

Trump made a strange statement at the NATO summit about his Syria policy, in that its about taking control over the oil production.

It was perhaps the most jaw-dropping moment in Donald Trump’s impromptu, marathon news conference — an event which, along with the NATO leaders summit that provided the occasion, was already crowded with jaw-dropping moments.

“Right now, the only soldiers we have in that area are essentially the soldiers that are keeping the oil,” the U.S. president said of the redefined role of American troops in eastern Syria. “So we have the oil. And we can do with the oil what we want.”

1 Like

Yea pretty stupid. I wonder if he was trying to say we will determine who gets to use it and not let ISIS use it to support themselves.

Aren’t we all, always.

1 Like

lol, yes we are. Definatly one of the worst political speakers of all time.

1 Like

Damn…finally an honest politician. Now that’s refreshing. All the other politicians just state a bunch of BS because the actual truth would be upsetting for many who can’t hear the truth. Now…it’ll be fun to observe the rest of this thread.

How is that honesty when he also says he is bringing all our soldiers home.?

2 Likes

honest politician? is that what “bringing the troops home” mean now? guarding foreign oil fields in Syria and Saudi arabia and sending 15,000 more troops down there?

4 Likes

its progress i guess, finally dawned on them that he is a politician.

1 Like

If…Trump brought home our troops…would you whine? Seriously…would you? If he leaves them there…would you whine? Seriously…would you? People…this is TDS on full display. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Just highlighting how little credibility he and his supporters have.

1 Like

If trump says he is bringing the troops home, but doesn’t, and sends more elsewhere…would you say he’s honest? You already did.

2 Likes

I applaud the president for this move.

3 Likes

…and I just solidified that regarding Trump, you can’t be pleased…no matter what.

The honesty part was regarding “blood for oil”. Why are we there at all? Answer that honestly and then post where a prior politician ever admitted that?

What Trump is describing is a war crime.

3 Likes

But he’s describing it honestly?

:sheep:

1 Like

You still believe he has some deep policy prescriptions hidden in his word salad after four years of hearing him?

1 Like

Am I the only one who doesn’t? It’s like, yeah, he’s a pathological liar but you know when you listen to them? When they get frustrated or irritated. That’s when they tell the truth.

No it’s not. Its show casing how his policies are ■■■■■■■ stupid.

1 Like

What commodity did ISIS take control of amassing great wealth and funding the expansion of the Caliphate?