Trump supports, are aligned on this - tell Russia to attack countries

…who are in arrears to NATO?

Former President Donald J. Trump said on Saturday that, while president, he told the leaders of NATO countries that he would “encourage” Russia “to do whatever the hell they want” to countries that had not paid the money they owed to the military alliance.

In repeating a claim he has made previously to highlight his negotiation skills, Mr. Trump did not make clear that while there has been a spending-related dispute, it was not about an unpaid debt to NATO, but over European countries meeting their spending commitments to their own militaries. Some NATO members are spending below an unofficial commitment to spend 2 percent of their economic output on defense.

Mr. Trump’s suggestion that he would encourage Russian aggression against allies of the United States — for any reason — comes as Republicans in Congress have pushed back against more aid for Ukraine in its war against Russia, and is likely to cause concern among NATO member states, which are already very nervous about the prospect of a Trump return.

Seems reckless to me.

Anyone think this a good idea?

“Do what ever you want” and “attack” are not the same thing.

3 Likes

NYT…hmmmmmm…the NYT…oh yeah, Trump supporters beat Officer Sicknick to death with a fire extinguisher. Why would anyone ever put any stock in anything else this lying source has to say?

3 Likes

My husband and I make silly bets on replies here on this incredibly entertaining forum.

DING DING DING! I won this one. You never disappoint! I don’t have to make dinner tonight.

4 Likes

You disagree? You feel they are the same?

Funny, I saw the video of him saying it.

So what’s he making for dinner?

In this instance within the context of the video, yes.

Impeach him!!

1 Like

Well done. My money was on: “So what? NATO sucks anyway”.

1 Like

My husband cook? Never…lol. He’s getting take-out sushi.

1 Like

Trumps own words

“‘You didn’t pay? You’re delinquent?’… 'No I would not protect you, in fact I would encourage them to do whatever they want. You gotta pay”

There you go, he is saying that the US would not meet its treaty obligation. But we all know you will parse these words and split hairs over the meaning.

1 Like

Which one did Trump actually say?

Not “attack”?

Are they meeting treaty obligations?

1 Like

No, I would not protect you, in fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You got to pay. You got to pay your bills.”

Nice, huh?

let’s follow this train of thought… if you don’t pay your taxes, do you lose police and fire protection?

2 Likes

So basically, Trump told their bitch asses to pay up, and their bitch asses paid up.

Also, no treaties were violated.

Anyway, carry on with the menstrual tantrums.

:rofl:

4 Likes

…and they all paid what they owed. IOW…he made them square up to what had been previously agreed to.

That orange man baaa, baaa, baaad…amirite sheople? :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

Then he didn’t say “attack”?

Is not paying up nice, huh? Or is that just us?

1 Like

You must be a yoga aficionado, all the twisting and tying words up in knots. Entertaining, but no longer surprising.