Trump Suggests Delaying Election

Yeah let’s delay till 2021

The writing is on the wall Trumpsters, you either have to support this ■■■■■ or you can still nominate Pence and actually beat Biden.

1 Like

We need to delay the election, but we need to send kids back to school ASAP. Trumpian logic on full display by the President on this one.

5 Likes

It wouldn’t do any good. Until we as a population get more disciplined, the conditions that prompted this stupid tweet will continue. And it was a stupid tweet.

8 Likes

I don’t know…seems hackable, no?

Gives us more time to get disciplined

Time is not the issue, attitude is. And attitude is being driven by social media, a lack of critical thinking skills and no common sense.

Lincoln did not delay elections during the Civil War.
FDR did not delay elections during World War II.

Disgusting. Tim Kaine did well explaining Pompeo’s pedigree before giving him the easy question.

Good. We need to be alienated from this idiot, he’s a menace to common sense and freeberty.

To even suggest this would be the death of any administration.

Now Pompeo can’t say anything about what is clearly set out in the Constitution?

But this is just another day of the clown show.

Bonkers

2 Likes

It makes the “I’d rather have Trump than a Democrat” argument that much harder to swallow for republican voters. People will still do it, it just keeps getting harder and harder.

Pompeo’s answer leads me to believe that there are in fact active discussions around this very thing taking place in the White House. Trump rarely throws garbage like this out on Twitter first. He starts floating ideas weeks/months in advance in meetings and casual conversation. Then the idea festers in his midget-mind, and eventually, it explodes through his diminutive little fingers onto his Twitter feed. And he hardly ever will pin a tweet. And this one was important enough to him, that he immediately pinned it.

The Trump administration is absolutely looking to see if there is a way they can delay the election in November. This is tin-pot dictator authoritarianism stuff going on right now. Trump. Must. Go!

5 Likes

2 Likes

This would kill the campaign of any other person.

1 Like

Trump is specifically talking about voting by mail. How does this apply?

3 Likes

Nah.

I will be happy with having the election take place when Congress has mandated.

You?

2 Likes

True. This is actually a rally cry for his supporters.

It doesn’t

1 Like

He’s literally suggesting the US election be delayed based on spurious reasoning. Who cares if he has no power to actually see it through - he’s talking about suspending our democratic process.

Menace to society.

3 Likes