Trump Suggests Delaying Election

That’s just Pompeo being Pompeo.

They’re wagging the dog to distract from a pandemic, 150k dead Americans and a tanking economy. Nov can’t come fast enough.

2 Likes

Not disagreeing with you with the following statement:

I see nothing that would prevent mobile voting from generating a confirmable trail via a returned secured email with a confirmation number to the user, and printed confirmations at the precincts.

Great in theory. In reality, information security was so bad with the initial wave of electronic machines that they could be hacked with a ■■■■■■■ paper clip, which is why probably three quarters of states started requiring a paper trail as well.

1 Like

Technology has come a long way since then.

I am far more confident in the security of vote by mail than I am with electronic voting. It’s a lot easier to jigger large changes than it is invite by mail, where large amounts of work would be required to make fairly small changes to the overall result.

I’ve been doing it for twenty years about ten of which it has been universal I my state.

1 Like

I think he’s setting up a situation in delegitimizing the election results if he lose in November.

4 Likes

Yes it has. On both sides.

Ya think?!

1 Like

And that can be handled in the courts whilst being overseen by President Pelosi.

This is what Republicans have to offer.

Imagine if…there’s no point.

4 Likes

I tend to agree. My ultimate preference would be a national holiday on Election Day where everyone, and I do mean everyone, but emergency services are closed. And everyone votes that day. No early voting, and no mail in…

But if we are going to allow absentee voting, I see no reason it can’t be done electronically much more securely than mail in.

The hinderance is that the government always seems to be about 10yrs behind on tech for anything that’s not intel related.

3 Likes

It has on both sides and would draw the sustained attention ot just of ■■■■■■ bag hackers but the state security services of every other major nation with NSA type outfits to ■■■■ with it.

1 Like

Sounds like you just answered your own question. And it would be fifty different state governments with varying levels of competence, not just one.

2 Likes

Just until we get a vaccine and get the economy put back together. nbd.

1 Like

Like I said. If my retirement account can be accessed via an app securely, there’s no reason voting can’t be. Other than the govt appears to be incompetent when it comes to anything web related.

That’s not an “it can’t be done” issue. That’s just a bloated govt issue.

I am absolutely confident this is what he is doing.

4 Likes

Okay…wrong choice of words. He is…

2 Likes

If only we had a president that was actually trying to protect our election security and ability to vote.

Instead we get a man who’s clearly trying to create disorder.

7 Likes

I work in Information Security, anything can be hacked.

3 Likes