Trump Suggests Delaying Election

You were wished a nice day. Rationalizations not withstanding.

1 Like

Setting the stage for his loss. You can sense the desperation. All he is doing by publicly knocking mail-in voting (while unironically promoting it on his own website) is depressing voter turnout on the GOP side who will lose faith in the integrity of the election. The Democrats are going to vote by mail by a 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 margin over the GOP. He is shooting himself in the foot with this. He is way too ignorant to understand that of course.

Thanks. It’s been a chaotic one but seems to be settling down finally.

1 Like

Dear President Trump,

You are wrong.

Election results do not HAVE to be available election night, it absolutley can be days or weeks later. Now is it nice to have them - sure. Is it a “Must know” - no.

Actually the results just need to be certified under state law, then the electors in the state meet to cast their votes for the Electoral College on December 14th. That’s 3 months after the election. Then on January 6th the EC votes are formally counted by Congress in DC.

As long as the EC voting timeline is meet, the General Election results are not needed that day.

Provided in kindness. Your humble servant.

WW
.Whom you have called stupid and human scum, a badge I wear proudly.

8 Likes

Or for GOP Senators in close races

Look at you and your pesky facts. Are you sitting here trying to tell me that there was ever a time in our nation’s history that we did not know the winner of the Presidential elections on the night of the election itself? I am gobsmacked. :flushed:

1 Like

There was a lot of talk in 2016 about supporting Trump to “burn the system down.” The way things are looking, however seems to indicate the ashes will only be on the right hand side of the partisan fence.

4 Likes

Self immolation?

You know what would be jokes, Trump loses the EC but win the popular vote and claim he was robbed.

2 Likes

Also a distraction from this

1 Like

That’s a crazy sort of peas to force oneself to eat when one really didn’t have do too.

Or maybe they did - the post Trump navel gazing will be (should be) ongoing for a long time. Maybe taking 50 steps back was necessary for the GOP to manage a step forward.

Ultra-conservative founder of the Federalist Society Steven Calabresi calls for Trump’s immediate re-impeachment in response to Trump’s tweets about delaying the election. :flushed:

7 Likes

I agree. It is a disgusting tweet.

Would the Senate vote to convict? I still don’t see it happening.

1 Like

You can’t get more conservative than this dude and calling trump a fascist is really something.

5 Likes

Has he been a Trump supporter up until this?

100% trump supporter.

Interesting

Steven Calabresi calling Trump a fascist. General Mattis called him a Nazi. When are his supporters going to wake up to what is happening before their own eyes?

5 Likes

Yeah but did he mandate the public wear a mask?

1 Like