Trump Suggests Delaying Election

I wonder what distraction is coming next?

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1288883061745160192

Hermain Cain news and wanting to get the John Lewis memorial away from being broadcast

2 Likes

Maybe. But Trump doesn’t do empathy.

Never said he was going to be actually emotional, just that he is going to use the death as a way to try and steer conversation away. He is a horrible person like that. Watch hat he will make it about himself

1 Like

Now that makes a lot of sense. We shall see.

Yeah, he can’t do that.

2 Likes

They tried already after 2012 election loss. Didn’t stick.

As Mike Gerson and Pete Wehner wrote recently, “It is no wonder that Republican policies can
seem stale; they are very nearly identical to those offered up by the Party more than 30 years ago.
For Republicans to design an agenda that applies to the conditions of 1980 is as if Ronald Reagan
designed his agenda for conditions that existed in the Truman years.”

The Republican Party needs to stop talking to itself. We have become expert in how to provide
ideological reinforcement to like-minded people, but devastatingly we have lost the ability to be
persuasive with, or welcoming to, those who do not agree with us on every issue.

Instead of driving around in circles on an ideological cul-de-sac, we need a Party whose brand
of conservatism invites and inspires new people to visit us. We need to remain America’s
conservative alternative to big-government, redistribution-to-extremes liberalism, while building
a route into our Party that a non-traditional Republican will want to travel. Our standard should
not be universal purity; it should be a more welcoming conservatism.

2 Likes

Again, please stick to the topic. You’ve done a pretty good job so far and made a good thread. Please don’t ruin it.

Great line. The GOP needs to stop talking and start listening to moderates. That party is living in the 80s and getting more left behind every day.

1 Like

Agreed. They decided to do about the 180-degree opposite of what was recommended. They doubled down on their losing strategy, eking out a single win. And then being saddled with a man at the top of the ticket suggesting the election scheduled to occur in 95 days should be postponed. It is like intentionally chaining themselves in the bowels of the Titanic after hitting the ice-berg.

1 Like

We need to make Election day a national holiday.

https://twitter.com/breakingnews/status/1288892389990506498?s=21

6 Likes

I can support that.

1 Like

I would rather go to universal vote by mail, which would make the whole holiday thing a non issue.

2 Likes

We also need to streamline election season itself so politicians from both sides can govern for a couple days first before going back into campaign mode

1 Like

I’d like to do both. Leave as many options open as possible

2 Likes

Art.] 10. [Right of Revolution.] Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government. The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
June 2, 1784

Never repealed; never re-interpreted.

3 Likes

Trump is a moron.

3 Likes

Good idea.

I can support that as well. And it shouldn’t cost a $B to get elected. The media is making a mint. Put it in NPR.

4 Likes

Agree again. IMO the MSM is partially responsible for Trump being elected by giving him so much undeserved airtime