TRUMP STEPS IN: The President Will Sign Executive Order to ‘Keep Families Together’

Originally published at: TRUMP STEPS IN: The President Will Sign Executive Order to ‘Keep Families Together’ | Sean Hannity

President Trump announced his plan to sign an executive order Wednesday that would allow illegal immigrant families to “stay together” if caught entering the United States; a major step that will prevent future “family separations” at the US-Mexico border.

The President announced his decision after speaking with GOP legislators at the US Capitol, saying the “temporary measure” will allow children to remain with their parents at ICE detention facilities across the country.

“I’ll be signing something in a little while [to keep families together]," he said, calling the move “somewhat preemptive” and stressing it would “be matched by legislation.”

“The separations stem from the administration’s ‘zero tolerance’ immigration policy, which aims to prosecute all illegal border crossers. But because of a 1997 order and related decisions, children cannot be detained for longer than 20 days with the adults,” writes Fox News.

Read the full story at Fox News.

And here is the new narrative, Trump “saved the day”!

He “steps in” to an issue HE created and is central too… wait… huh?

1 Like

Trump is taking a hit for the team.

Libs need ponder that for a moment.

I love the new Onion-style format Administrator is using these days to present news. Keep it up! They are great.

This is absolutely pathetic.

Who’s team?

I can always count on you not thinking.

It really is not not complicated or in need of pondering ol’ wise Trumpist.

He caved on an issue his base started to backtrack on, not that interesting or noteworthy.

Lolololol! Good one!

1 Like

You mean like when dems offered funding for the boarder wall for protection of the DACA kids and Trump rejected it?

Is that what you think you’re doing?

You’ll believe anything your master tells you.

What do you mean taking a hit? He made this happen, now he’s stopping it because he realized how terrible it was.

What’s the hit?

He’s taking the f**king issue off the table - smart move!

Why did he put in there in the first place?

Miller is saying “Mission accomplished. Wait’ll they get a load of the group the border crisis I’ll cause in mid-October!”

“You can’t do it through an executive order.” — Trump

This isn’t what it seems, it’s a clumsy set up.

Trump was warming this up by his railing against immigration judges yesterday. If Trump signs an EO allowing children to be detained indefinitely, that will run afoul of the 1997 consent decree.

So the courts step in and say you can’t do that, then Trump blames the judges for going ahead his own policy of incarcerating children away from their families.

While the Trumpists can always be counted upon for a good laugh or 2, this takes it to a whole new level :rofl: