TRUMP STEPS IN: The President Will Sign Executive Order to ‘Keep Families Together’

He did this. Why does he get credit for ending it like it wasn’t him?

This reminds me of that scene in Monty Python and the Holy Frail when they’re getting killed by that rabbit in the cave. “Run away!”

Libs are coming out of woodwork…

Wow- only two posts after Cynic’s prediction.

Fast work by you.

If our immigration laws were not so messed up, and dysfunctional, he would not need to do this.

This is not a fix, congress needs to get off their asses and pass immigration laws that fix what is broken, not rely on presidents forced to go around the laws with executive actions.

I’m watching that too- but I have a strong feeling that too many eyes are on this now and won’t be too pleased if this is a simple sleight of hand trick.

This is what happens when our US Congress refuses to amend screwed up immigration laws, and refuses to fund the laws they already passed.

I agree…it’s why I said Trump is taking a hit for the team.

But libs can’t seem to grasp it. :wink:

:rofl:

10c

And by hit for the team, you of course mean reversing his own poorly thought out and incredibly badly received policy.

It was not a Trump policy to stop detaining children after three weeks, that was a 1997 law.

What seems to make people happy around here, is when a president defies federal immigration laws, because when they follow the laws written by our congress, everyone complains.

Congress won’t pass any laws to fix anything. The dems just want Trump to look bad, so passing laws which actually fix things is completely out of the question. The dems have elections to win in November, and making Trump look good is not on the menu.

Steps in?
As if he swooped in with his cape to save the day. This was a policy enforced by his administration. He’s only doing this because of optics and he knows he is taking a hit. Good that he got ahead of this because I’m quite sure if this was September or October, voters were going to make his ass pay in November.

You mean the one that Obama didn’t have the Constitutional authority?

That policy? The very one that Obama told us repeatedly that he didn’t have.

I’m telling you…it’s not poorly thought out.

They believe even if their policies result in chaos, if it’s about immigration and the border, they win.

Um it returned it to the previous policy.

Look at you dance for him! It’s inpressive.

What part of “The GOP doesn’t need Dem help to fix the problem” eludes you?

And it still doesn’t change the fact that congress failed…and thus Trump taken a hit for the team.

You do understand that is should be the roll of congress don’t you Tommy?

This lie about a “1997 law” has incredible legs among the Trump base. It was a court decision and it only applied to unaccompanied juveniles.

Look at you go.

Look at you with nothing…nothing!!!