Trump Statement on the Killing of Jamal Khashoggi

I’ve said it repeatedly, this time will go down as one of the darker periods in American history. And history will judge all of those complicit in these times very harshly.

1 Like

Thought this was an onion piece or some parody site made to look official…

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-president-donald-j-trump-standing-saudi-arabia/

1 Like

If that does not succinctly sum up everything that one could ever need to know about this man. Horrible.

Basically telling this murdered man’s family “it’s a shame, it is what it is”

And what geopolitical impact do you think that will have?

Who is leading from the front?

What Geopolitical impact do you think giving dictators free license to murder their enemies so long as they have trade deals benificial to us will have?

I’ve got an answer and it involves a lot of archival footage from the 40s.

1 Like

I think it has the potential to destabilize Saudi Arabia and make them desperate.

Remember when we should have left Saddam Hussein in power?

Trump to the world: “The United States of America is for sale”!

1 Like

Serious question: why are you guys so wound up over this? They kill people every day. What makes this guy special?

Before we going messing with the Saudis, we better have a damn good plan or we’re liable to tip the world over.

Is this the admin you want coming up with that plan?

One of the lowest moments of Trump. Disgusting.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more.

Climbing onto a moral high horse over this single murder baffles me when what is happening in our own backyard is basically ignored.

This isn’t even in the bottom 10.

It upsets “the libs” so of course trumpbags are going ro support it…

And they are not really going to be bothered about something bad happening to one of the “enemy of the people”

Don’t have to topple the whole regime.

Can you imagine the ■■■■■■■■ that would be had if the Saudi Royals were banned en masse from their favorite holidaying destinations?

Crown Prince wouldn’t last all that long after that. He’s the problem here, specifically.

1 Like

Should we never do business with any country or government that murders one of it’s citizens on foreign soil?
Hell Obama put a kill order on one of our citizens with out due process.

The rest of the world are realists and probably do the same thing. They just aren’t as clumsy.
Believe me they are happy to take SA dollars

The problem is once you start something like this there’s no way to control it.

You think Trump is getting pressure from Europe to let it go? I do.

Are their favorite spots in the US? I doubt it.

Best thing we can do is stay out of it.

The price we pay for not working for energy independence?

The pushback for this particular killing has been international. Iit’s been the final straw for many.

The house of Saud has always engaged in brutality, but the new Crown Prince is pushing limits and behaving rashly and stupidly.

Brutal is one thing, brutal and incompetent quite another.

There are plenty of other Royals around to take his place, Sneaky.

It wouldn’t matter if the US were energy independant either. Oil is a global commodity with global implications.

The value of a human being is determined by the size of his bank account…is apparently the lesson he learned from his father.

It sure wasn’t anything to do with unconditional love.