Trump should win the Nobel Peace Prize, says South Korea's Moon

Hey, if ol’ “Fire and Fury” Trump actually did something to lead to peace in the Koreas, I say give him the award.

I don’t disagree with the idea that the “media” will/has devote(d) more time to Stormy than the situation between NK & SK. Which just further affirms what we all know to be true, that the press is for profit. And scandal and intrigue sells. We are a reality television nation now, as evidenced by the man we elected President.

With that being said, I am cautiously optimistic here. We have seen this game play out before. So, let’s see how everything pans out. I am all for giving Trump praise, if in fact we see a true denuclearization on the Korean Peninsula, and an end to the war.

It’s obvious Moon is saying this to flatter Trump. The world’s leaders are all playing him (and his sycophants) like a fiddle.

1 Like

Precisely. USA has been played by NK for decades. There is too much history to say that it is something new this time.

True, we HAVE seen new things – such as Kim visiting SK.

But with two loose canons (Kim and Trump) facing off, I am not ready to breath a sigh of relief just yet. One perceived slight from either party can unravel this situation.

On the flip side I dismiss the anti-Trumping that pretends Trump has done nothing here. Whether it was a clever ploy on Trumps part, or just dumb luck, Trump’s bloviating and chest-thumping seems to have called Kim’s bluff.

The latest position from Kim: “We’ll denuclearize if you don’t attack us.” OK, cool. We haven’t attacked NK for 60 years. What assurance will convince Kim that we won’t attack in the future? Some resolution from the USA? And if we pass such a resolution and then NK launches another missile and it inadvertently lands in Japan or the Philippines or SK, are we obligated not to react?

So far, it’s still all words. A lot of it is positioning that we haven’t seen in our lifetime, so that raises hopes. But still, it’s just words.

1 Like

As for the Nobel Prize, it has become a political tool and as far as I am concerned. it’s not worth anything any more.

If Trump were to be awarded the prize, I would like to see him treat it with the same disdain as the White House Correspondents Dinner.

What specifically has he done that his predecessors did not?

Lol! From the man who has plastered fake magazine covers all over his walls!

Bloviating and chest-thumping.

If Trump facilitates the end to the Korean War and the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, he’ll deserve the Nobel Peace Prize.

Well that definitely deserves the prize. I can’t believe twitter was the secret ingredient to solve a problem that half a century of diplomacy and saber rattling couldn’t.

I hate that some will take this victory as a validation of their poor choices. This is the one time that the metaphorical “kicking a computer” will fix it, don’t think it will work again.

So tweeting caused Kim to come to the table? How much of an effect do you think that played compared to say…a mountain collapsing on their nuclear test facility?

1 Like

So…nothing. Yet you dismiss people who call that ineffective?

Come on, Guv-don’t crawl so much.

This is why you guys can’t be considered serious or sincere.

If you think all Trump did was tweet, you’re either profoundly stupid or deliberately dishonest. I give you more credit than that though. I think you know what else he did.

Now I expect you to ask me what else he did. And when you do, watch me dismiss your apron tugging.

Trump deserves o e as much as Arafat did…

You can’t point to anything he’s actually done, and it appears you’ve decided that there MUST have been something behind the scenes that you desperately want to give him credit for.

It’s amazing you say “you guys can’t be considered serious or sincere” when you know that Trump has literally done nothing to deserve credit for peace on the Korean peninsula.

Have some dignity and stop worshiping this man.

I truly believe a lot of libs DO know that he’s done more than tweet.

You are not one of them. I do not give you the benefit of the doubt that I gave adroit.

Really? Like creating an atmosphere where Kim knew that he could not use his weapons without being destroyed? Like sending our naval vessels to his area as a warning of the results if he continued his beligerance? Its surprising that people wouldn’t think these would have an effect on the atmosphere leading to these meetings, because they sure believed his words and actions had and effect when they warned he was going to get us into a nuclear war.
A lot more goes into creating this meeting than picking up the phone and asking Kim to come over. The President of Sourth Korea recognized that.
If Kim had attacked with nuclear weapons you would have claimed to see a connection with Trumps actions for sure.

Yes, dems like open borders, high taxes and tons of regs keeping the small guy out of business.

Bill Clinton paid for the NK nuke research, basically… Trump is cool

Nice straw man.