Trump should ask foreign officials and U.S. government employees to stay elsewhere

Affecting economic policy to benefit his peanut farm after he left office, duh. At least he had the decency to put it into a blind trust while he was in office unlike your boy.

He isn’t making those diplomats book any rooms and he isn’t charging them any more than anyone else for the same services.

Trump isn’t running his hotels and resorts from the Oval office and he isn’t making those decisions for the diplomats.

1 Like

I didn’t say I was against them being in office. I’m saying I’m against them running their business while they’re in office.

Did foreign diplomats stay at his hotels before he was president?

I don’t like it either, but it’s possible that it’s legitimate. Super-rich people have been staying on his properties for decades. I don’t like the way it looks, hence my thread, but this isn’t “proof” that he’s enriching himself. He was pretty rich when he took office.

He maintained ownership of the assets and knew they would still be his assets after he left office.

I don’t remember any whining when he was signing bills that were good for the peanut business.

It’s not just possible that is the most likely explanation.

There hasn’t been any big shift in who’s staying in his hotels and no sweetheart deals with them arranged by Trump.

Who is whining? I simply stated a fact.

Right. How the hell would you know?

I don’t share your view that a business person cannot be trusted to act fairly while still maintaining control of their business. I presume you don’t trust any of them, not that I can blame you for that. :slight_smile:

Presume or assume? We all know what happens when we assume things.

So did I, nobody was whining about it at the time unlike all the whining about diplomats, AF personnel and other staying in Trump owned or licensed properties today.

Maybe because Trump didn’t put his hotels into a blind trust like Carter did with his peanut farm. Maybe? You think?

Which would make absolutely no difference, he’s not managing them and he’d still own them if they were in a blind trust.

Lol. His peanut business was a million in debt after his presidency. He sold it. Great example!

Right he’s not benefitting from having his family run them in any way. :roll_eyes:

And? Did it get better? The peanut business was booming at the time, he should have turned it over to someone more competent while he was in office.

He’d benefit no matter who ran them unless they ran them into the ground.

1 Like

Hmmm…that article basically reveals that Democrats are looking into what foreign governments did for personal political gain of the Democrats.

1 Like

Did what get better? I just said his business was a million in debt. He sold it and started writing books to cover the costs. He peanut business didn’t “get better.”

You do understand what a question is don’t you?

Obviously he should have hired someone more competent to run it.