Trump should ask foreign officials and U.S. government employees to stay elsewhere

Very successful business people typically understand the challenges and needs of the private sector and can better help them to be successful so that our economy can be more prosperous, which is good for all. We had 8 years of a community organizer and the results to prove it. If you don’t believe me, just ask the millions of disenfranchised voters in swing states that voted Trump over Hillary.

I agree, but is it your belief that a successful business person lacks the integrity to be president while maintaining control of their business?

It wasn’t a “shot” at academics, just a preference for people with real-world experience.

Yes, busines is about being productive in order to support oneself. Do you have a problem with that?

Successful business people are, typically, experienced at managing large organizations, many people, etc. I wish more would run for office.

The economy grew at a faster rate while the community organizer was president. Your argument doesn’t match reality.

I’m not saying that a business owner shouldn’t be president, only that being a business owner doesn’t necessarily make you qualified to be president.

Being president presents different challenges than running a typical business.

Tell that to the millions of swing-state voters that went with Trump. The Obama economy underperformed.

I have the impression that you work in government or academia and have little regard for those in the private sector.

Obama wasn’t on the ballot. Obama is still very popular.

Nope.

It’s not a matter of integrity. It’s a conflict of interest. You don’t put the head of Monsanto (now Bayer) in charge of the FDA.

I see your point, but I also see the need to appoint people who have experience in the industry.

What industry? Government isn’t an industry. If you put a businessman in charge of the economy, the businessman is going to use economic policy to enrich themselves. That’s exactly what’s happened every time we’ve elected a businessperson. Every. Single. Time.

Because there is no requirement to do so.

What businessmen did we elect to the presidency?

Never heard of Jimmy Carter?

Ok let’s run with this thought.

We establish term limits say a max of 3 terms in the house and 3 in the senate.

Where do we draw from to keep refreshing that pool with qualified people? Academia or people that actually understand how to run businesses and create jobs? Lawyers? Fresh college grads with no real world experience?

Who do you fill those rotating seats with if you exclude career politicians?

Sure. How did Carter enrich himself through the presidency?

I was referring to your remark that “You don’t put the head of Monsanto (now Bayer) in charge of the FDA.”

As to your most recent remark, when was the last businessperson elected to the office besides Trump? And do you believe that Trump is enriching himself through his office?

Do I believe he’s enriching himself through the office? You mean other than having foreign diplomats staying at his hotels?

Yea, he was a peanut farmer as well as the governor of Georgia. So you’re opposed to electing business people to office. In other words, only life-long bureaucrats and academic ideologues should be elected to office, right?