Trump says Saudi Arabia is paying 1B for our American soldiers

Trump doesn’t need the money.

I agree. So if in fact SA has deposited $1B somewhere the American people will get it. Right?

I doubt SA has paid. This sounds like a hollow statement from a man with a history of making things up.

2 Likes

SA is well known for paying their debts…

no wonder Trump want Saudi to join NATO.

Obviously Trump can do and say anything and certain people would continue to unquestioningly cheerlead for him.

1 Like

Then why is Trump claiming SA transferred $1B to the US because he sent them more troops?

Arrogant. Learn what that word means.

Sorry to inform you, I am every bit the USA as you are.

2 Likes

How much for a nuke?

Shall we start the bidding at say, 1 billion dollars?

White House officials would not explain what Trump meant. So, we checked with the Pentagon for more details on the supposed payment arrangement. Officials at the Defense Department deflected our inquiry. […]

We checked with the relevant committees in the House and the Senate – Defense, Foreign Affairs and Appropriations – and none could report an understanding of the president’s claim. The Saudi Embassy did not respond with an explanation, either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/

1 Like

And if SA is paying for the soldiers, do they get to tell them what to do?

That was when we provided them with equipment which, depending on whether it was a loan or a lease, did become theirs.

I don’t think they paid for our armies when we came over to Europe.

I could be wrong, though.

At any rate, in this case this is much ado about nothing unless one can prove President Trump is making military deployment decisions solely based on whether we get paid.

THEN you could say we were mercenaries.

Well, natch. That’s what you do with mercenaries.

“Join the marines, son. See the world and take your fighting skills to the highest bidder.”

I don’t think Trump would be this incompetent, but what do his supporters do if it turns out the $1B was given directly to him?

Rationalize it, like they do the rest of his behavior.

Pretty sure there was no 1B payment. It was his way to justify keeping our forces there after he said he wanted to remove all the troops from the middle east. A face-saving lie.

Honestly, lies like this are impeachable.

We don’t volunteer to be sold out as Hessians to other countries…do we?

What you are not is a soldier. Never was, never will be.

Learn what the word “mercenary” means. It us an insult to a soldier.

Arrogant? You betcha I am. I earned it. I can back it up.

1 Like

Saudia Arabia is not paying for the soldiers. No, nobody tells the US Military what to do other than the civilian leadership of the US.

Saudi Arabia is most likely not paying anything related to this. We were just lied to and expected by the president to ignore it. I assume his supporters will.

1 Like