Trump says he won’t watch the NFL

Baker Mayfield already said he would be kneeling. It’s going to be a massive show of disrespect to the flag.

I fully expect a large portion of the stadium crowd to take a knee. Watching a police officer snuff out the life of a man over the course of 8:46 will do that.

2 Likes

Goody for you. Watch/ don’t watch…it matters not.

1 Like

Trump wanted to be an NFL owner in the 1980’s.
The NFL would not allow such a seedy dude to join such an exclusive club as theirs.
So trumped started his own league, and ruined many great football players careers by them signing with him.
His league quickly folded.
Donald Trump has always had hate for the NFL, period.
He’s made his point, now please just shut it, and let us who like the NFL enjoy OUR, not his, National pastime.
Fan’s of the NFL did good without him years ago, we’ll be just fine without him now.
His dislike comes off more about his being jaded, and utterly rejected by the NFL years prior, than his claims of flag, flag, flag.
He’s made his point, now please be still.
Trump has old baggage with the NFL. Does he not know that alters the perception of his rails against them today?
Trump is trying to make it seem like the people have to choose either him or the NFL.
The NFL, and the fans years ago already made it clear they don’t want him.
Have the Democrats put a bug in Trumps brain making him alienate
himself from a lot of Americans or something?
He gasses peaceful protesters; and clergy, and now is going to war with the NFL?
Who is counseling him?

What if I take a few million friends with me? :smirk:

And I fully expect millions to boycott. They could have found a fair compromise. But they decided to choose sides. We’ll see if this bites them in the ass.

Who woulda thunk the people who self-identify with patriots would look an awful lot like loyalists?

2 Likes

Right? We are complicated! :us:

There is a difference between Nations and politics.

Life, Liberty, and Justice for all are the ideals, politics are the ways and means to achieve those ideals.
(a bit deep for this board, but just think about it awhile)

That’s the nice thing about freedom, people are free to take a knee in protest, and I’m free to ignore them or not. Liberty in action.

Hasn’t happened yet…won’t happen this time.

No, there isn’t,

Sure, but NATIONAL symbols are symbols of the political entities expressing their ideals through systems of government. Which are, of course, political.

Which is precisely what my post intimates.

No. We’re cognitively dissonant.

Give me a college game any day of the week! I haven’t watched NFL in quite a few years.
And taking a knee during the anthem is disrespectful IMO, But I didn’t really watch before that anyway.

And only means one thing, high tv ratings.

Allan

Conservatives have been predicting the demise of the fl ever since rush limbaugh was denied ownership of a team…

And as with most conservative predictions pretty much the opposite has happened…

1 Like

OK…and ? Look I have no preconceived notions about what the NFL is. I have know for a long long time know. I watch because I love the game. I watch because I am a huge Chicago Bears fan. When I watch a Bears game they don’t even show the anthem.

My point is and was. It doesn’t bother me that Kaepernick knelt for the anthem in protest of something good as much as it bothers me that people such as yourself ( read nothing bad into that statement it’s just how I worded it) are more upset by this than the amount of child abusers, wife abusers, female abusers, rapists, drug addicts and cheaters there are in the NFL. My eyes are wide open. I am more upset that Kapernick is a horrible quarterback and it was Jim Harbaugh as his head coach that made him a superbowl QB. He played the NFL as a starting QB when he wasn’t. You should be more upset by the owners turning a deaf ear to the actual problem…and chose to black ball the man. Take your millions of friends with you. THE NFL will still go on being the National Felon League…and people will still watch because they love the game. Most of your friends will come back…over time. Nobody boycotts anything for long enough to make an actual difference. So go ahead…

2 Likes

when the NFL decided to make michael vick an honorary captain last year i said to hell with the NFL

See, that shows that the NFL doesn’t have the understanding of it’s own imagery. Making Mike Vick…honorary anything is just bad optics. But if you know what it is going into it…you don’t have to quit it. It is like College Football. The Dishonor that goes on there is astounding. But people still watch it because they think it is pure.

If you want to watch Pure football you may have to go to POPWARNER football…and even then the coaches teach the kids to play cheap and dirty in some cases.

I watch because I am a fan of the GAME…not of the PLAYERS…I think the last player I ever thought was worth his weight was Walter Payton…and maybe Larry Fitzgerald today.

3 Likes