Trump says he won’t watch the NFL

You might be onto something, If you watch the NFL (National Felon League) couldn’t that be considered tacit approval of such behavior?

1 Like

NFL is now steeped in politics, and mostly blowing with the wind where they think the money is. We don’t need that. That alone is enough reason to be finished with them, whichever side you take…because you shouldn’t have to be taking political sides when it comes to games.

I vow to drink beer and eat snacks until kickoff. I can’t remember the last time I saw the national anthem during a broadcast other than the Super Bowl. I’ll bet that viewership of the national anthem increases because of the protest.

If Trump finds the message of black equality so offensive that he won’t watch the game, that’s fine for him. I wish he found the reality of black oppression as offensive as he finds this method of protesting it.

1 Like

They need to pay back taxes for their stadiums and other incentives. Between two new stadiums in Seattle that’s like billion dollars.

What if none of them kneeled during the anthem?? Wouldn’t that be something??

what if the NFL just didn’t film them doing it.

This is why you try to avoid politics in sports at all costs. Now it’s fan against players and player against player. The NFL has made a mess of things.

Where? I’m not seeing this “reality”. Where is this happening? I hear voices claiming this but the statistics do not back this up.

Frog in the heating water. Stay in. It’s not killing you… yet. heh heh heh.

Great - go volunteer somewhere. Better happiness ROI than watching sports.

Also, if you need an escape from politics, perhaps spend less free time posting on political message boards when you could be learning or discussing literally anything else.

1 Like

The Anthem itself is politics.

1 Like

I dont get it. Unless you’re listening to a bunch of ancillary commentary andanalysis, you literally can just watch a game and be completely fine.

We do the same with actors and actresses all the time.

3 Likes

It is more of a symbol of an ideal, and along with the bald eagle & the Stars and stripes, is non partisan.

Funny, there are some entertainers I won’t watch or buy their products because of their outspoken political beliefs. A few come to mind, Streisand, Penn, Sarandon, Rodman, Barr, Fonda, just to name a few.

I don’t care what Trump does or doesn’t watch.

I’m going to watch my Kansas City Chiefs play every single down, while they hopefully march their way to a repeat Super Bowl win!

I could care less if the players want to use the platform they have to protest. As an American, I applaud them for exercising their rights.

I could also care less if people want to follow Trump’s lead and not watch this sport anymore because their delicate fee-fee’s are offended by free Americans exercising their rights. That is the right of delicate flowers as well. Even snowflakes have the right to choose to watch, or not watch, whatever they desire.

What a beautiful country!

4 Likes

I won’t watch if they take a knee. That is my response. I’m not going to contemplate all of the flaws of society. I’m not concerned whether or not liberals approve. I feel no need to justify it. :us:

Good for you. I think that’s silly, but to each their own.

1 Like

I enjoy watching Packers games and won’t worry about The Donald’s weak attempt to make football political. Just turn on the game at kickoff if one is sensitive.

2 Likes
  1. That’s naive.
  2. It, along with all national symbols, is often co-opted as an instrument in political debate
  3. Anthems, pledges, symbols, flags, etc…are all representative of national entities and are, therefore, inherently political. It’s just a matter of whether or not you agree with the political ideals they represent. And, yes, democracy is a political ideal.
1 Like

Too late. They players have already done that. I believe there will be massive peer pressure for them all to cave. As Drew Breeze did. Sorry, but the cat’s outta the bag. People will decide for themselves. Half of the team or more will be on their knees. It’s not going to sit well with millions of fans. The NFL had a chance to put a fair compromise in place and they fumbled.