Trump’s Lawyers, in Confidential Memo, Argue to Head Off a Historic Subpoena

Trump’s legal team know he is in jeopardy regarding obstruction of justice. This is why their legal argument is that a sitting president is the law, is justice. The fact that this is their defense is telling to say the least. Now this!

What I find funny is that 20 years ago, Uncle Fester was asked about whether Bill Clinton would have to submit to a subpoena if issued. This is quote:

“Then there is a procedure for handling that. You go before a judge and a judge decides whether or not he has a recognizable exemption or privilege from testifying. And if a judge decides that he doesn’t, you have to testify. You don’t have a choice about it.”

So in the case of Bill Clinton he was quite pointed about how the President would have no choice but to comply. Funny, now he says the President is in no way obligated.

So, at the end of the day we see what a slimy ■■■■■■■■ artist Fester has really become. The perfect lawyer for Trump. A man who’s word means nothing and who we should assume is lying his ass off every time he opens his mouth.

Lemme make sure I’ve got this right…this memo is “confidential” but is the subject matter of a Hannity thread? Yeah…it sounds very confidential. :roll_eyes:

:rofl:

Looks like you’ve got it down pat like President Obama.

“There are more stars in the sky than grains of sand on the earth.” Barrack Obama.

Y’all are too deep for me.

We know :grinning:

the memo from trump’s lawyers says the prez cannot be prosecuted by any of the crimes Mueller is investigating. you’re not even making any sense.

What are the crimes?

Interesting. Contradicting yourself in the same thread.

Again, is obstruction of justice a crime? The law says yes. The president can fire an FBI director whenever he wants, but if doing so is obstruction of justice, it’s still a crime. This circular logic of the president can’t obstruct justice because he’s the president who can’t obstruct justice only works if you’re installing him as dictator.

You do realize that a special counsel investigates, by interviews and information gathering, before prosecuting. Right? Please tell me you know how a special investigation works. How does any prosecution work if they don’t gather evidence first?

1 Like

How should I know, ask Meuller.

You said if Mueller has crimes to prosecute, he should prosecute them. What crime do you feel trump could be prosecuted for?

Comey is correct that the prez has the right to fire the head of the FBI on a whim, at any time, for no reason at all if he likes.

He did not say that the prez can fire him for corrupt reasons.

issue a supoena

if he ignores it issue an arrest warrant and send US marshals to arrest him on his golf course.

lock his ass up

You are losing all reason. Comey was fired for abuse of power and incompetence.

trump has declared that ending the russia investigation was his motive for firing comey many times. your delusional denial of this inarguable fact is your problem.

Here is the letter genius.
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3711188-Rosenstein-letter-on-Comey-firing.html

He said publicly he made up his mind to fire Comey before that letter. try again.

That was an edited letter. Trump’s initial draft included Russia and was not sent at the urging of his aides. Mueller has the original draft letter.

Trump even said Russia was part of the firing during his NBC interview in 2017.

After the president fired Mr. Comey in May 2017, he gave an interview to NBC News in which he explicitly referred to the Russia probe led by the FBI: “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”

So Trump’s initial letter firing Comey stated Russia was a reason, Trump said on national TV that Russia was a reason. You say it wasn’t a reason. I’ll let Trump do the talking on this one.

Everyone under Trump literally does everything they can at every turn to stop him from revealing his true corrupt intentions, yet he keeps opening his big mouth. And then blames the deep state for his own words.

And every time his sycophants would rather believe nutball conspiracy theories rather than his own incriminating words. it’s unbelievable.

I don’t know the specifics of Meuller’s investigation, or what crimes he has found. No one does except Meuller’s team. Whatever crime Meuller finds he should be able to prosecute it.

You agree with the memo that says Trump cannot be prosecuted for the crimes under investigation.

Then you say if Mueller has crimes to prosecute, he should prosecute them.

So again, which one is it? Is it possible to prosecute trump or not?

If the president has absolute authority over investigations then I guess ‘spygate’ is a big nothingburger, eh? There are a few threads where I think you might need to let your fellow Trumpists know that.