Trump’s Lawyers, in Confidential Memo, Argue to Head Off a Historic Subpoena

Read the Trump lawyers’ confidential memo to Mr. Mueller…

Donald J. Trump

:heavy_check_mark:@realDonaldTrump

There was No Collusion with Russia (except by the Democrats). When will this very expensive Witch Hunt Hoax ever end? So bad for our Country. Is the Special Counsel/Justice Department leaking my lawyers letters to the Fake News Media? Should be looking at Dems corruption instead?

10:43 AM - Jun 2, 2018

Seems to be a pretty normal rehash of the legal position of Trump’s attorney. On this one, I can see no reason why anyone but Trump’s attorneys would want to make their position public by leaking it. But neither can I see why they wouoldn’t just issue a public statement of their legal position.
Perhaps by calling it a leak, more people would read it.

They’re leaking it so they can blame Mueller for leaks again.

Admitting that Trump dictated Don Jr’s response is definitely new.

2 Likes

“They argued that the president holds a special position in the government and is busy running the country, making it difficult for him to prepare and sit for an interview.

Too effing funny.

3 Likes

He can live tweet from the interview, it’ll be sweet.

It could cost him one or two weekends of Mar a Lago time. That’s a clear national security issue.

Crap, I forgot about all the White House business that’s conducted at Mar-a-Lago. Donald is on 24/7, isn’t he?

I had heard that there was a plan to prep him for talking with Mueller while he was playing golf.

He’s the .best President ever. The only President with a Special Counsel Caddy.

“Definitely no collusion, now watch this drive.”

The lawyers said that President Trump was not going to answer any questions. In the 30 page letter to Mr Mueller, his lawyers made it plain that the investigation already has the answers to any questions that they could possibly ask. One and one-half million documents have been turned over by the White House.

Finally!!! President Trump is showing them who is the boss. :sunglasses:

:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

Yeah, can’t wait to see Trump boss around the Process Server when he hands him the subpoena.

Find something else to get happy about, that’s not going to happen.

We shall see. Film at eleven.

Happy that a sitting president’s legal team believes that he’s above the law? Yeesh…the right is now cheering on an impending autocracy. All this time I thought they were for limited government.

lol…that wont work

What you think presidents are above it?

Trump’s lawyers are essentially claiming the president IS the law/justice and he can’t obstruct himself. That he has the power to shut down/pardon DOJ investigations regardless of reason or intent.

This is their defence… that the office of the president grants those powers.

Folks Trump one day will no longer be president but if this goes his way legally that will now be the set precedent.