Trump’s Lawyers, in Confidential Memo, Argue to Head Off a Historic Subpoena

I can’t beleive this is where we are at. “The President is above the law.”. That’s the state of the Republican party these days. And yet for 8 years they screamed any time Obama so much as sneezed.

I voted Republican my entire life. Never again.

6 Likes

Dude trust me it blows my mind, like I am so unproductive at work these days :sweat_smile:

More double-speak from this administration - they learned it well from the Russians. The lawyers are basically arguing that Trump is above the law, while saying that Trump is not above the law.

Maybe on the golf course.

You have to remember, this isn’t a new line of thinking in the Republican party. It was 41 years ago when the Republican President of the United States said in an interview, “When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.”

The difference is back then the republican party knew what Nixon said was dangerous and wrong. Now, they embrace it.

2 Likes

It seems to me that the “law and order” party is in a coma. Which is a shame.

The two points that they wanted to question him on were collusion and obstruction. Since they didn’t have evidence of either, they didn’t have anything. He is the chief law enforcer. He cannot obstruct himself.

You do not have a clue on what evidence they have or do not have.

1 Like

So the president can commit a crime, either prevent or stop an investigation into the crime, and that’s OK? Really?

Are you saying President Trump doesn’t know what he has done and has not done? That is kind of funny.

I didn’t say that. What crime has he committed?

The President can’t obstruct justice? That’s not at all a scary point of view.

Last I checked, obstruction of justice is a crime. You said:

The only obstruction President Trump is guilty of, is obstructing Hillary from the Presidency. Firing Comey is not a crime. Even Comey said that. Got anything else?

Can the President obstruct justice?

Comey did?

In a new interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that aired Sunday, Comey said there’s “certainly some evidence” that Trump obstructed justice when he was asked about the investigation into his former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

“It would depend, and — and I’m just a witness in this case, not the investigator or prosecutor — it would depend upon other things that reflected on his intent,” Comey said.

Sounds like he thinks there could be, but he’s not the investigator (Mueller), and wasn’t going to say yes for sure. Like there needs to be an investigation into obstruction of justice…

President Trump cannot be charged with obstruction of justice for exercising his constitutional power to fire FBI director Comey.

President Trump also has the constitutional authority to tell the Justice Department who to investigate, and not to investigate.

Can the President obstruct justice?

Comey said that? :roll_eyes:

Comey’s days of trying to humiliate the President are coming to an end. He needs to sit before a grand jury along with Clapper and Brennan.