Trump’s Insults Show He’s More Loyal To Putin Than NATO

Listen nobody cares about your WW I knowledge. It’s like the most boring of the world wars. Up there with that guy named Norman who decides to invade England and that other time some dude on an elephant decided to cross the Himalayas using elephants. Like that’s believable.

Ok i am kidding. You make an excellent point.

Willingly? Jesus Christ dude. The Warsaw Pact collapsed. The Soviet Union collapsed with ■■■■■■■ tanks surrounding their version of Capitol Hill and threatening to open fire.

They don’t really accept that they’re not a part of Serbia. It’s so weird.

Russia didn’t give up anything willingly they collapsed and where kicked out of Baltic states.

They have parades every year for the day the Russian left.

It occurs to me that you sound like literal practicing CPUSA capital C Comminists when you talk like this.

Actually, even they denounce “Stalinist Communism.”

1 Like

who would have thought it would only take 20 years to forget how the end of the soviet union occured

1 Like

The entire premise of the Chuck and Nancy OP is retarded. If Germany stops paying Russia for energy as Trump politely suggested, Russia collapses again for a 2nd time in 30 years.

If all of that were true (don’t know about my diminishing things…or what that even means) and Russia is trying to destabilize international relations so that they can be more dominant, that is still a much different situation than trying to conquer the world through the spread of communism. The Brezhnev doctrine is long dead.
The difference is important because the nuclear weapons are still here. Don’t panic just because there may be some short term political advantage to spreading panic.

"John Kelly was annoyed he couldn’t get a “full breakfast” in Brussels on Wednesday.

At least that was the explanation from White House spokesperson Sarah Sanders when asked about the apparently agitated body language displayed by President Donald Trump’s chief of staff during a meeting with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.

Sanders told The Washington Post that Kelly “was displeased because he was expecting a full breakfast and there were only pastries and cheese.”

You just cant make this stuff up… that is unless you are Sarah Sanders…:rofl:

How exactly is Trump working out avoiding a nuclear conflict with Russia?

By telling him “it’s cool- keep Crimea. And don’t worry about those attacksmon the folks in UK. How soon would you like the sanctions lifted”?

Bu suddenly upping the ante on his allies, who are making aubstantial progress towards a real goal they all agreed on in 2014, suddenly telling them “that goal is not enough- double it”?

Please explain to me how you see this approach as being beneficial and stabilizing.

They set a mutually agreed goal of 2% by.

They’re making substantial progress against that goal.

Then Trump wades in and says “double it”.

For what purpose? The alliance already spends more than all the other matuons of the world combined. Europe’s total contribution is more than Russia and China combined.

Conventionally, Europe holds a large advantage over Russia. Russia’s only in the game because of an early tactical advantage and nuclear weapons.

So what would be the point of doubling it?

Not to mention it’s not the money anyway but how it’s spent that matters.

Wow.

Leave it to them to come up with a cover story that’s ten times MORE embarrassing than just admitting Kelly and Trump don’t see eye to eye on NATO.

They brought in ‘body language’ experts to deflect from Merkel’s comfy relationship with Putin.

Can’t make this stuff up.

What we have is a Prwsident whose foreign policy differs from every postwar President.

And providing no good reason why such a foreign policy is in America’s best interests to pursue.

Here’s the deal. I don’t like the hard sale. Never have. It’s in my nature (and I’d say most humans unless you’re a wimp) to stand my ground/get aggressive back when a company or sales person or employee tries to pull that crap.

And if the attempted bullying is bad enough, guess what we all do? We forewarn others, we talk ■■■■ about the bully, we do stuff behind their back to undermine them.

That last part is really the only thing that concerns me about Trump bullying our friends and French kissing Russia. What will the UK/etc do, behind the scenes/covertly that undermines us? Not share intelligence? Sell technology to our enemies? It could be some combination of thousands of things that could hurt us and we’d never know.

And just about everyone here would do the same if bullied enough.

Is the world the same as it was in 1945?

You “progressives” should change your name. CHANGE seems to scare the poop out of you.

I will start by saying the obvious…he didn’t say any of the things you listed.
If keeping up a connection between leaders isn’t helpful in preventing nuclear war, why was the hotline invented?

No one is telling Donald Trump never to talk to Vladimir Putin.

As for the rest- he did indeed strongly suggest a 4% target to a NATO that had agreed on 2%…typical bullying negotiation tactic.

He strongly suggested Russia be re-admitted to the G7.
Has slow-walked sanctions Congress passed over his veto and had administration officials suggest it’s time to reconsider the sanctions, and recognize that Russia in Crimea is a fait accompli and that this is their power.

That’s the answer I expected, not “he was expecting a regular breakfast” why even acknowledge that he was irritated…