Trump’s comments mark the first time the president has openly and directly praised a violent act against a journalist on American soil

I feel it is completely inappropriate for the President to continue to make jokes about how assaults against the press is a good thing, especially after a Washington Post journalist was recently dismembered in the country of one of our allies.

If one of the posters on this site made this type of statement, I believe they would find themselves eating a time out. However, because he’s the president of the United States, and has a (R) by his name, he’s allowed to say whatever he wants and continue to be supported by conservatives.

Misdemeanor Assault is now hilarious and acceptable.

Didn’t you know?

Unhinged left!!!

Oh… and lying about the assault and then later admitting that it happened with no real world consequences is the new American Way.

Because as Rush says, Gianforte is Manly and Studly and Ben Jacobs is a pajama boy.

What do you tell a reporter with two black eyes?

But, but, the libs and their mob mentality!!

Trump said he found out about Gianforte assaulting a reporter when he was traveling in Rome, and initially was concerned it would hurt the Republican in the election.

“Then I said, well wait a minute, I know Montana pretty well, I think it might help him. And it did,” Trump said. The President’s comments were met with laughter and applause from the crowd in Montana.

5 Likes

Some people underestimate the speech tree. That 1000 extra gold the merchants get is really convenient if you want to be rich and you don’t want to travel/wait all the time.

3 Likes

I lol’d hard

Speech is a garbage trait. Why would you waste any skill points on that tree?

Waiting in one spot for 24 hours really takes me out of the game.

However, crafting potions using a website which helps me make the most expensive potions possible given the ingredients I’m currently carrying, and then selling those potions to the storekeeper in exchange for ALL their gold AND all their inventory… I feel that is completely realistic for my character to be doing. That type of behavior doesn’t pull me out of the game experience at all.

I’m on that game to fight deathlords.

.>

Watch it, Dogmeat will be after you. All hail the Sole Survivor in the commonwealth.

.>>>>

Apparently Dogmeat was a synth.

Good to know you guys are more interested in video games than violence against the protected group “journalists”.

Body slam is not a decapitation.

People do body slams in the entertainment business. Get a grip.

Misdemeanor Assault is cool now.

It’s all good.

1 Like

1 Like

Always has been as long as it was warranted.

Ahhhh. So the congressman vs reporter was just for entertainment purposes. Whew. Thanks for clearing that up.

Theresa May’s spokeswoman said: “He obviously made comments at a political rally, and those are for him. But more generally we would always say that any violence or intimidation against a journalist is completely unacceptable.”