Trump Running Again

Do you think it would be good for the country for Trump to become president again?

That was an erroneous thought and Trump did come out with a message pretty quickly. The violence did not last long and began while TRUMP WAS STILL SPEAKING!

It was all too chaotic…perhaps by design??

You’re saying the people who tried to convince Trump to stop the riot were erroneous, meaning he couldn’t have even if he had tried?

I’m actually more worried about what will happen if he runs and loses.

You say that in the past tense as if Trump isn’t still pushing this lie.

He may still believe it was stolen. He still hasn’t proven it IMO. That’s ok.

I am saying any earlier quicker statement would have changed nothing.

The breech team was going in no matter what or when Trump spoke. They began 20 minutes into his rally speech.

It would have been so nice to just have the support and not the violence. Keep in mind Trump rallies had never become violent, there was little reason to think this one would be different. This is why so many people have questions on how the violent turn happened.

1 Like

Yeah, I actually don’t think he’s lying, I think he really thinks it was stolen. I’m not sure that’s better, though . . .

1 Like

Why would a person not be sure that lying is worse?

Tough question.

I’m not. Noise in the machine. Y’all are letting the media stir you up.

Cognitive dissonance. True Believers can be dangerous.

3 Likes

He’s either lying or he’s a fool. Pick your poison.

I think you’re probably right. My biggest worry is that if Trump runs again and loses, he’ll continue to push the fraud fraud and will create such distrust in the system that Republican turnout and participation will suffer in future elections. And that’s unhealthy for the country.

The system has been untrustworthy for years. Elections are the least of the illnesses from which this country suffers.

Trump will eventually fade away. Look at what the insurrectionists going to jail are saying now. And those were the hard corps.

Pull that errant thread on the sweater of personality and it might unravel.

You can’t surgically remove specific parts of people’s personality without jeopardizing the entire psyche. It’s too complicated.

If you want to vote for personality, maybe Trump is not for you. Plenty of holier-than-thou “good and decent” men ( Texans, for example) who are otherwise good Americans made that choice in previous elections. You’ll be in good company.

Well, he did say he was going to march with them to the Capitol, but didn’t.

Hmm, maybe he knew something then.

It speaks to his delusional thinking.

Which is a real problem with him. He’s kinda nuts.

Or he’s right, and you are one of the other two options. Time will tell.

Time already told, and we know that he is not right. The 2016 election is history.