Trump restores health care option Obamma took away

Imo, that’s another horrible choice.

Penny wise pound foolish.

Have done that for the last 30 years without any regrets.

Good for you. But that doesn’t mean you won’t get into a serious car accident that injures several people in the future.

Could happen tomorrow.

Maybe all the tons of extra money you are getting to keep now from the tax cut could go to increasing your liability coverage - or at the least paying for decent health insurance for your daughter.

Well yeah, it’s as if we’ve forgotten the sub-prime mortgage crisis just a decade ago where people were too stupid to not buy houses they couldn’t afford with shady ass financial vehicles. It only brought the global economy to the brink of total collapse.

I’m covered for that.

Also un-insured/under insured motorist coverage.

My Dughter until sometime next year IS covered under my insurance. What happens after that is unknown at this time. Might be covered by the university she wants (and is courting her) or it might not.

You do realize that would be covered and taken care of right?

What is it with liberals that they think they know what everyone else needs and believe they need to force their beliefs on them?

1 Like

When one only has the minimum amount required that is very often not nearly enough insurance.

If your car is old and you don’t have much in the way of assets, you could do that. Auto insurance isn’t just to cover your car – it’s to cover other assets that someone could go after if the insurance doesn’t cover enough of the damages.

That covers your damages if the driver at fault is under-insured. It doesn’t cover you if you’re at fault and the damages exceed your insurance coverage.

If you’re at fault for serous damages and you have the minimum amount of insurance, it’s not “taken care of.”

That’s what their under-insurance coverage is for :smiley:

In your opinion. You have no idea what his insurance covers. Liability only insurance covers more than you seem to think it does. It will not cover your own vehicle collision expenses nor will it cover things that comp covers such as broken windshields, etc. .

It will still cover the other person’s auto, medical, and much more.

I don’t think they understand this whole situation. :wink:

Only up to the amount you are insured for. Minimum required liability can be as low as $10k in some states, but in all states it’s not very much more, either.

They will go after your other assets.

It’s not 10k in my state. I’m fairly confident in my insurance coverage.

I do have one add on not required by law. Roadside assistance. The three times I’ve used it, I’ve paid for it for life :smiley:

Liability for Bodily Injury – The minimum coverage for bodily injury varies by state and may be as low as $10,000 per person or $20,000 per accident. Many auto policies stop at a maximum of $300,000 or $500,000 per accident for Liability coverage. If you injure someone with your car, you could be sued for a lot of money. The amount of Liability coverage you carry should be high enough to protect your assets in the event of an accident. Most experts recommend a limit of at least $100,000/$300,000, but that may not be enough. This is no place for cheap auto insurance. If you have a million-dollar house, you could lose it in a lawsuit if your insurance coverage is insufficient. You can get additional coverage with a Personal Umbrella or Personal Excess Liability policy. The greater the value of your assets, the more you stand to lose, so you need to buy liability insurance appropriate to the value of your assets.“

actually you can not lose your house.

It would be a civil judgement against you, as such your primary residence is off limits, as well as your primary transportation, and many of the goods in your home are off limits. They can at most get 20(ish)% of my wages as garnishment. If I were to retire, my pension is off limits, as well as social security.

What is your source for this?

That can be true of any policy you buy. Including the rest of them from your link.

Think OJ simpson.

It’s call exempt property