Trump rejected plans for a White House statement praising McCain

There has been a lot of social media comment on the tweet Trump put out yesterday and I was actually willing to give him a little credit for showing a bit of rare grace. But I guess I was too hasty. It just keeps getting worse with him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-rejected-plans-for-a-white-house-statement-praising-mccain/2018/08/26/0d0478e4-a967-11e8-8f4b-aee063e14538_story.html?utm_term=.f98a7c2e81af

He is a small and petty man.

4 Likes

Of course he did. I wouldn’t expect anything else from Deplorable Don.

2 Likes

Same story from the NY Post, in case you hit the WP firewall:

An official West Wing statement that commended the Vietnam war hero for his service to the nation was drafted by White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Chief of Staff John Kelly before McCain’s death on Saturday, according to The Washington Post.

But Trump nixed the idea, insisting that he’d like to issue a tweet instead, the paper reported.

Donald simply cannot deal with the fact that McCain lived a life and endured hardships he himself never had the courage to. He’ll always have childish insults, money, and the sycophantic fawning it buys, I suppose.

Sadly this doesn’t surprise me at all.

1 Like

Libs would have called Trunp a liar and hypocrite had he made a big deal out of it.

1 Like

McCain didn’t kiss Trump’s ring. That is all.

1 Like

Absolutely. The cherry picked tweets media now uses instead of news would have been all about how Trump had given his true feelings during the campaign and was now exploiting McCains death, knowing McCain couldn’t have responded. The Post would have called him cowardly.
The left is outraged over everything and anything.

2 Likes

Why should that stop Trump from doing what’s right? Are you saying Trump is controlled by his fear of liberals?

5 Likes

He did what he thought was right.

Therein lies the problem.

3 Likes

Then don’t make excuses for him.

1 Like

Even his defenders know it’s that simple.

Isn’t it obvious?

Damn libs, calling the sky blue.

Trump is a liar and hypocrite regardless.

1 Like

Trump is controlled by his ego. And he fears not being liked.

Your reasoning is that he was scared of what libs might say so he didn’t do it?

Trump gets upset when people say mean things about him.

A true piece of â– â– â– â– â– 

He’s a small petty man, but you adore him anyway.