Trump Ready to make a deal with Iran

No he was famously a “Navy Brat”.

By your correction I think my point went over your head.

You have no point, as the child born of a Naval officer serving abroad his status is completely different, he could not be a Panamanian citizen.

The same is not true of Jarrett.

The point is that Jarret is just as Iranian as McCain is Panamanian.

Hope that helps.

And you are wrong. Bering born in Iran of two visiting US citizens makes her eligible for Iranian citizenship.

Dude.

Just stop.

It is okay to be mistaken about something from time to time.

Then take your own advice. Her parents were there over a year which makes her eligible for citizenship.

If Valerie Jarrett applied for Iranian citizenship tomorrow, what do you think would happen?

Has she actually got Iranian citizenship?

No. Of course not.

So it’s a totally irrelevant point that is being made by the Trump apologists?
Why does that not surprise me!

I feel that that it’s more relevant to remind them that regardless, if they or their loved ones have ever been diagnosed with mesothelioma due to being exposed to asbestos, then they have legal recourse and a free consultation.

1 Like

If the child of two US citizens is born in a foreign hospital, they are eligible for citizenship of that country.

When my dad was stationed in Italy back in the 90’s, I went to school with a kid who was going to have to get rid of his Italian citizenship before he turned 18 or he would have had to serve the requisite 2 years in the Italian military.

Being born of a naval officer would not inherently disqualify McCain from having had at least dual citizenship unless he was born on a base. If he was born in a Panamanian hospital, circumstances would be different. The key part though has nothing to do with who he was born to, but where.

Oops, looks like I was a little off…

Apparently, contrary to what I previously stated, military bases are not considered US soil for the purposes of citizenship. That means that it doesn’t matter where you are born, if the proper paperwork isn’t filled out, you could in fact be a citizen of whatever country you are born in regardless of your parents status.

Interesting.

I am 100% certain they would thank her for the US citizenship grants of the 2500 Iranians that occurred during Obama’s “deal” with Iran. That would welcome her with open arms.

Are you so naive or blind ? Have you ever heard of anything even close that that? Just like that …BINGO… 2500 non refugee citizens of a very hostile country are given US citizenship. And …oh no… it has nothing to do with the fact that Valerie Jarrett was born there. You actually want to believe that, I’m sure. But you know that it’s not true.

I have this feeling that everyone is intentionally missing the point in order to score internet quatloos.

1 Like