Trump planning to wag the dog by goosing China trade war?

I gave you the link.

Since Right Wingers have been telling me directly or by their silence that they aren’t going to do “my work for me” I must say go back and read the article more carefully. Do your own work.

But here is the information from the article. You can more readily find it from this.

Assuming that the United States continues to use about 24 tcf per annum, then, only an 11-year supply of natural gas is certain. The other 89 years’ worth has not yet been shown to exist or to be recoverable. [ i.e. a “mythical number”]

Even that comparably modest estimate of 11 years’ supply may be optimistic. Those 273 tcf are located in reserves that are undrilled, but are adjacent to drilled tracts where gas has been produced. Due to large lateral differences in the geology of shale plays, production can vary considerably from adjacent wells.

That was always the purpose…to find cheapest labor possible. Thank republicans for that.

1 Like

Look at that- I didn’t read this article and got to the correct time frame (around a decade) based on my own solid understanding of math and physics.

Anyone can do what I did…provided they are willing to stop swallowing whole the swill from those who seek only to tickle their ears.

All it takes is a Liddle’ application of brainpower!

1 Like

Most conservative estimates of how long we will have nominal “energy independence” is until about 2030.

Then consumption increases and depletion losses will put us right back at being a net energy importer.

Hell…anyone who’s played any of the Fallout games understands consumption and depletion!

1 Like

Do you have Government Clearance and White House permission to us that Presidential hyphen?

Do you?

" The other 89 years’ worth has not yet been shown to exist or to be recoverable. [ i.e. a “mythical number”]"

A more accurate article would have a reference number by that statement to show the reader where they got that information.

Also notice the switch from Oil to nat gas… Which I never brought up…

Oil and nat gas wells operate under the same principles of physics.

Shale oil and shale gas production/depletion curves are very similar.

1 Like

Oh, you are digging deep on that retort. I suggest you stop before you get any deeper. :smile:

The article itself provided its own math in the article based on collected data they referenced regarding their “89 years” calculation.

It is in there.

You are right, you never brought up natural gas. I did. In a very well crafted segue that kept with the energy theme but also allowed for a natural gas fracking to oil fracking prediction comparison.

A more astute reader would have recognized what I did right away.