Trump planning to wag the dog by goosing China trade war?

Which is really exciting since fracking is likely to contaminate every American aquifer and other fresh water source in just 100 years.

Now if we can just expedite gene manipulation to make humans able to survive by drinking oil in 75 years we will be just fine for another 325 years or more.

/sarcasm

Water? You mean like out of the toilet?

3 Likes

No it didn’t.

Nor were we made energy independent…not in the way people think as independent such as “Oh look- cheap gas forever!”

1 Like

Is he trying to curse?

Wonder if the “400 years of oil” from fracking comes from an energy industry estimate like the one for “100 years of natural gas” from fracking that ends up being only a tenth of that estimate when one boils it down to the actual real math.

What was that? The new Battlestar Galactica that “fracking” came from as a form of a futuristic curse?

Or how like people proclaim we are “energy independent” and then support going to war when Saudi oil production stops for a couple days?

1 Like

You said cheap chinese labor serves a purpose? I’m not sure what you mean? We got rid of legal sweat shops in America. Is the purpose to have them overseas where our laws don’t apply?

“Legal sweat shops”

That’s a new one.

Its the new independence.

From the land of “alternative facts” and where “truth isn’t truth”.

Can you cite the law please that outlawed “legal sweat shops” in America?

Thanks!

:hugs:

I can’t figure out if they answered their own question…lol.

Looks like they are hiding behind volume and have no real point…

I learn so much new here from Trumpers every day I post here.

Of course I usually learn two to three times as much every day I don’t come here for their pearls of wisdom.

:laughing:

Nice subject change. Great way to avoid my question…

You mean Obama allowed sweat shops to continue?

They went to war over Iran’s attack?.. Is this Adam Schiff?

I was able to discern from their article that the “100” years is a mythical number and that from reading their article the real guaranteed figure is actually 11 years.

I guess I am a better reader and comprehender than some others.

Those two have always been strong points for me.

Fine, Could you quote that part for me?

They support going to war, that doesn’t necessarily mean anybody has yet gone to war.

Chinese labor keeps our consumer prices down…or hadn’t you figured that out yet? The issue is that once manufacturing jobs went to China, or other places…the die was cast. Going back will cause lots of pain. And it hurts Americans as much as it would help.

Two reasons this old ■■■■■■ canard keeps getting trotted out:

*People ignore that oil wells first peak in production and then decline, regardless of how much oil and gas is in the reservoir being tapped. People consume oil and gas at a RATE…the RATE of production is more important than the amount. If people are consuming a resource faster than we can produce said resource…it doesn’t matter how much total resource there is that can be produced. And fracked wells peak rapidly and then tail off reasonably rapidly as well.

*People ignore the exponential function. The “400 years” is always stated “at CURRENT rates of consumption”. Consumption rates aren’t constant, and even a slow increase (like 2% per year) knocks down that 400 years down to 110. Now- people will say “that’s still a LOT”. No it isn’t…because remember…PRODUCTION RATES can’t keep increasing to match increasing consumption. In year 110 of our hypothetical well’s life, the well would have to be producing NINE TIMES as much oil per year as it is producing at “current rates of production”. There’s no way that’s happening…the rate of consumption will be > the rate of production of that well in all likelihood about a decade from now.