Trump picks Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court

Or something far more sinister knowing how democrats operate.

They dd spoke…you will get you chance again in Nov 2020.

Again, this isnt about political expediency…I thought this was about what was right?

Oh, ya classic “dems did it therefore we can too” spinefull cons

It might this time but the new rule can now be used by a Democratic lead Senate in the future. There will also come a time when an R President, in his last year in office, will not be allowed to fill a SC seat by a Democratic Senate majority.

You people act as if there is only going to be Conservatives elected as President and Senators from now to eternity.

If I have anything to say about it you libs will never…and mean never again regain power.

A direct threat to our Constitutional Republic.

I can’t remember who said this earlier today, but the remark was no matter who Trump picks the meltdowns will be the same. The hysterical tweets are making this very worthwhile.

Some on the left have completely lost their minds. And Bernie is leading a protest at the SC, looking absolutely crazed.

The left lost an election. Let’s abolish the electoral college.

The left is about to lose the SC. Let’s stack the court with leftists as soon as we can.

Wonder what is next?

1 Like

Reid started this. In October 2016 he was gloating that the filibuster for the Supreme Court would be ended due to his precedent with lower court justices. He was right, of course, but not with Hillary and a Dem majority like he thought.
Of course Democrats would block a Republican nominee in the last year if they dominated the Senate. They would do that regardless of what the Republicans do.

You only have one vote so good luck with that.

It’s quite likely in 2 1/2 years it will flip again and start in the House this November.

What a weak establishment pick. Shoulda strapped on a pair and gone for broke.

Yes it was Reid who started it all. McConnell had warned Reid that he would regret it, maybe sooner than he thought.

And it’s time for the left to let go of their outrage about Garland. They knew when they voted in 2016 that a SC vacancy was on the line, and they lost.

Their constant outrage is falling on deaf ears.

I’m not talking about ordinary liberals. Just the hysterical left who have to be outraged and protest everything.

2 Likes

So much principle in the GOP

When you find marriage in the constitution you let the class know.

Why? They never did that. Only Republicans have denied a President his right to appoint a SC Justice.

Now, of course, it will be par for the course - the precedent being set by a Republican led Senate.

I, for one p, cannot wait for that to happen. The howls from Conservatives will be delightful.

Problem with that is the pedulum always swings the other way, and you probably aren’t going to like what happens when it does. Opening the door to simple majority scotus picks may switch the court far more quickly than it has in the past

The precedent was set for judges when Reid broke the filibuster rule. Of course he didn’t break it for Supreme Court justices because there were none open at the time where Dems could use the end to the filibuster.
Keeping the filibuster only works when the majority side believes they can trust the minority to uphold the principle when and if they come to power. When Reid broke the rule on lower court judges, Republicans could no longer believe that Democrats would maintain the Supreme Court filibuster rule if Democrats came to power again, since they had already broken the lower court rule.
Filibusters are built on reciprocal trust of the majority for the time when they may become the minority. That is what Reid and the Democrats destroyed.

Well good job that you never will have anything to say about it.

But seriously do you want to live in a one party state? A healthy effective opposition is good for government.

We had a 1 party state for about 4 decades. The dems controlled it all.

I’m in no hurry to give them control back this quick.

1 Like

Glad to see you’re for lowering your standards to Democrats