Trump pardons federal arsonists.(7-10-2018)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-pardons-ranchers-in-case-that-inspired-2016-occupation/ar-AAzQB6T?ocid=ientp

Law and order President, my ass.

Allan

3 Likes

only the best

Just another distraction…to own the libs!

Let’s pardon arsonists and terrorists but don’t you dare try to ask for asylum!

2 Likes

Dwight and Steven Hammond were convicted in 2012 of intentionally and maliciously setting fires on public lands. The arson crime carried a minimum prison sentence of five years, but a sympathetic federal judge, on his last day before retirement, decided the penalty was too stiff and gave the father and son much lighter prison terms.

Prosecutors won an appeal and the Hammonds were resentenced in October 2015 to serve the mandatory minimum.

A judge, after hearing the case, decided the sentence. Now tell me…this article in describing the judge, doesn’t have an agenda? I can’t say whether or not Trump’s pardon is what I’d have done but it’s his right to do so.

You can never bring yourself to condemn the man for anything. Shocker.

1 Like

Yes I have but your memory is selective…shocker.

2 Likes

Actually, you can say that.

1 Like

It depends if it’s before or after 5:00 pm.:sunglasses:

So how do you feel about this? Besides it not being technically illegal?

Basically what the world gets to witness is how little personal integrity Trump supporters have when it comes to the values that they pretended to espouse as important.

2 Likes

I admit it is a strange Pardon. And not sure why he is doing it.

But not any different than Obama Pardoning people who were convicted on Conspiracy to distribute cocaine and use of cocaine.
Then of course Obama Pardoned a person Possession of an unregistered firearm; possession of a firearm without a serial number and then one who convicted of Armed bank robbery.

So you getting all up in arms over this were you complaining about Obama’s picks?

2 Likes

Oh now liberals don’t want Presidents handing out clemency. Get back to me when Trump surpassed Obama in numbers and I’ll take your complaint seriously. He has a long, long way to go. I think this brings him up to five or six. Only 200 and change to go before he catches Obama.

I’m honestly fascinated to see how they try to change the subject.

I’m not familiar enough with the details to agree or disagree with the judges decision. I do believe that him, after hearing the details and if it’s his last day…it’s being decided by a very experienced judge…is the right person to decide.

Mad about drug dealers. Okay with serial arsonists.

Yep…like being so arrogant that they are intelligent enough to verbally derail the decision made by an experienced judge? You’ve proven yourself time and time again.

BTW…welcome to the new site. I’ve been missin u.

It’s become an art form.

1 Like

See the thing is it is not actually his right to do so.

So you’re opposed to mandatory minimum sentences on principle?

It is something that should be expected though. When Clinton was looking at single payer talk radio pushed a health care plan that Romney adopted in Mass and when Obama adopted it then the right wing media told them it was bad so they changed their tune.

If these guys had been calling themselves BLM protesters would FNC given then sympathetic coverage followed by pardons by Trump?