Trump pardons federal arsonists.(7-10-2018)

Did they break the law?

Did the inexperienced judge ignore the law?

This guy hasn’t gotten a pardon like those two serial arsonists so it’s safe to say no:

Not fond of either one of them.

So how many pardoned serial arsonists are too many for you? Two clearly is not.

So I have to be fine with any state program I approve of being copied by the fed? I don’t think so. Different constitutional jurisdiction and powers. Not to mention, I don’t live in Massachusetts, consequently nobody ever asked me if I approved of Romney care and it wasn’t any of my business.

how can they really defend this…

Maybe I should acquaint yourself with the details before deciding whether the judge’s actions were appropriate.

For the record, I disagree with mandatory minimums.

I don’t know, how many freed drug dealers is too many for you?

See, even you can’t do it. Can’t condemn it.

And apparently one of these guys is also into child abuse.

Good of Trump to do so.

Man, amazing how close to Sovereign Citizen sludge so many posters here are verging on.

As long as some of the centuries old biases are allowed to flourish and grow, across the nation, then stuff like this, law and order, adultery, Christian Values, Family Values, massive lying, increased debt, more water/air pollution will be ignored by some.

Hell of a drug ain’t it.

Sure I can, he shouldn’t have pardoned them, I could see commutation though.

I have never been an advocate of presidential clemency or pardons.

You might want to check that attitude about President Obama. He didn’t grant any pardons or clemency requests until his third year in office.

Trump has how many now in less t h.g an two years?

Like his trashing Obama for golfing.

Pure partisan hypocrisy.

:laughing:

You are not sure you would pardon a convicted arsonist or not. LOL.

I can assure you I would not.

Like someone said “commute the sentence if you feel it was too harsh” but a pardon
is unimageable to me.

Of course Trump has the right. All presidents do, Thats not the question.

Allan

Partisan is partisan…but really not that unexpected

Why commutation? Do you think they didn’t deserve 5 years? They endangered the lives of firefighters.

Yes, but did they use a gun.

Sounds to me like he is listening to the people who will vouch for them. One common thread in the President’s decisions.

In a statement Tuesday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders called that decision to resentence the Hammonds “unjust.”

“The Hammonds are devoted family men, respected contributors to their local community, and have widespread support from their neighbors, local law enforcement, and farmers and ranchers across the West,” she said. “Justice is overdue for Dwight and Steven Hammond, both of whom are entirely deserving of these Grants of Executive Clemency.”

The pardons are the latest in a growing list of clemency actions by Trump, who has been using his pardon power with increasingly frequency in recent months.